Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't save doents that include text - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I have seen several threads regarding problems saving files. It doesn' seem that a solution has been proposed yet. I have a wrinkle to add to the problem: I only have that problem whe I add text to the doent. SUch that if I have a doent, it saves I add text, it can't save; if I then delete all text from the doent I can save again. Deduction: this has something to do with a problem with text or font or a conflict with ATM. But that's as far as I get. I hope that this information gives someone ...

  1. #1

    Default Can't save doents that include text

    I have seen several threads regarding problems saving files. It doesn'
    seem that a solution has been proposed yet.

    I have a wrinkle to add to the problem: I only have that problem whe
    I add text to the doent. SUch that if I have a doent, it saves
    I add text, it can't save; if I then delete all text from the doent
    I can save again.

    Deduction: this has something to do with a problem with text or font
    or a conflict with ATM.

    But that's as far as I get.

    I hope that this information gives someone enough to go on to come u
    with a solution. I am desperate here! (can only get so far in lif
    with text-less doents...)

    Thanks,
    bronxbay

    --
    bronxbay
    bronxbayo's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m128

    bronxbayo Guest

  2. #2

    I have seen several threads regarding problems saving files. It doesn't seem that a solution has been proposed yet.

    I have a wrinkle to add to the problem: I only have that problem when I add text to the doent. SUch that if I have a doent, it saves; I add text, it can't save; if I then delete all text from the doent, I can save again.

    Deduction: this has something to do with a problem with text or fonts or a conflict with ATM.

    But that's as far as I get.

    I hope that this information gives someone enough to go on to come up with a solution. I am desperate here! (can only get so far in life with text-less doents...)

    Thanks.
    Al_Bayo@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Can't save doents that include text

    Sorry, forgot to mention that this problem is with Illustrator CS2...
    Al_Bayo@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    sorry, forgot to specify that this problem was with Illustrator CS2..

  5. #5

    Al,

    HAve you tried deleting your prefs file as per the FAQs FAQ#2?
    LenHewitt@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hi,

    Yes, I have tried that several times, with no change in results.

    I have also unactivated all but the essential XP fonts, to see if I had a corrupt font, but am still suffering the problem.

    Any ideas? I really appreciate the feedback.
    Al_Bayo@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    New diagnosis on this problem: I find that if I turn off "Save as PDF Compatible" I am able to save. So, apparently the problem is narrowed down to a problem with saving PDF compatible files, when they have text in them.

    Unfortunately, I need this feature to be turned on; otherwise, it won't let me save PDF's, which I need to be able to do.

    Does this help in the diagnosis? Anyone have any ideas?
    Al_Bayo@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Al, just to make sure: did you delete the AIPrefs while Illy was closed?
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Yes, AIPRefs was deleted with Illy closed. Many times.
    Al_Bayo@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Al:

    There was an old post that claimed to have solved a save problem by deleting/renaming all of the files (not folders) in the same folder as the AIPrefs file. There was no mention of this being related to fonts, but it can't hurt to try. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Thanks, I'll give it a try...

    I also saw a reference in an old thread to someone who seemed to have the exact same problem (couldn't save if the 'PDF Compatibility' box was checked), and apparently what worked was a hard-core removal of all Adobe software, including a registry key clean-up.

    Anyone know how I can successfully identify ALL registry key items, including for old Adobe software I may have already uninstalled but that may be leaving ghosts that are messing with my current setup?
    Al_Bayo@adobeforums.com Guest