Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't save for the web in Illustrator 10 because of an unknown error. - Adobe Illustrator Windows

Using Illustrator 10 on Win XP, saving for the web suddenly would not work due to an unknown error. I have cleaned up the hard drive, reinstalled Illustrator to repair any missing files, rebooted the computer. Nothing helps. Has anyone run across this problem, and how have you fixed it? Thanks for your help....

  1. #1

    Default Can't save for the web in Illustrator 10 because of an unknown error.

    Bob_Lueck@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Bob,

    You may try deleting ALL files (NOT subfolders) in the folder, including the AIPrefs (if any). You may find the folder following either the FAQ #2 or the first hint here: <http://www.bugge.com/Family-and-friends/Illy/illy.html>
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Jacob,

    Thanks for the input. I have tried deleting the AIPrefs file in the past, but no good. That was before I repaired the installation. Are you talking about deleting other files in the Abobe Illustrator 10 folder also?

    Regards,

    Bob
    Bob_Lueck@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Bob,

    I have tried deleting the AIPrefs file in the past, but no good.

    A month ago, Old McDonald poured a thousand gallons of water over his barn roof, but yesterday it burned down all the same.

    Are you talking about deleting other files in the Abobe Illustrator 10
    folder also?

    I am.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    okay. Besides AIPref, which files would need to be deleted to solve this problem?
    Bob_Lueck@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Bob,

    Try the lot.
    Jacob_Bugge@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Bob,

    Have you found a solution to this issue yet? I had the exact same issue to a T! I will try the above advice and delete all files etc.

    Thanks,

    Amy
    Amy_Bissonett@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    So far, nothing has worked. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Illustrator 10. We'll see if that works.
    Bob
    Bob_Lueck@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Amy and Bob:

    Try this- change the name of C:\Program Files\Adobe\Illustrator 10\Presets\Save for Web Settings\Recently Used Optimizations.irs with Illustrator closed. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Steve,

    Not sure if that was the fix or not... When I tried out a new file it worked "save to web". But when I went back into the orginal file that I was working on it wouldn't go and I got the same message. I copied that artwork into a new doent and then it worked. Yeah! So, I'm not sure if my file was corrupt somehow. I also removed my AIpref's too.

    Thanks for the invaluable help! I was so sure I wasn't going to meet my deadline. ;0

  11. #11

    Amy:

    For any part I may have helped, you are welcome. steve
    Stephen_Fish@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Steve, Amy, et al...

    I actually discovered that those files I was working on must have been corrupted. "Save to Web" worked on other files. so I just deleted the corrupted ones. No big deal, as they were buttons for a web site that were easily ted.

    Thanks for your input, Steve.

    Bob
    Bob_Lueck@adobeforums.com Guest