  • 1 Post By Jeffrey_R_Thomas@adobeforums.com

can't scale object or text box with selection tool - Adobe Illustrator Windows

I must have changed a setting unknowingly. I can no longer scale objects or text boxes with my selection tool. When I select the box there are no handles to pull. What have I done and how can I fix it. I am in Illustrator CS. This has happened in earlier versions but I don't remember how I fixed it....

  1. #1

    Default can't scale object or text box with selection tool

    Debbie_Shelton@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Under the "View" menu, make sure it says "hide bounding box" - that means it's currently on. If it's currently off, as is probably the case, it will say "show bounding box". Click on it. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

    The keyboard shortcut for that is ctrl-shift-B.

    -jeff
    Jeffrey_R_Thomas@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    view, show bounding box, or shift+ctrl b

    Poul Solbjerg

    Poul_Solbjerg_Holst@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you. I knew it had to be simple. I am working back and forth from Illustrator to InDesign and must have used the Shift-ctrl-B command that I sometimes use in InDesign to Bold type. Same command for hide or show bounding box.
    Debbie_Shelton@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Thank god it was that simple. I basically spent all weekend looking through Adobe help and reinstalling cs4 and I KNEW it had to be something simple. In the end - it was.

    Thanks.
    Ian Guest

  6. #6

    Talking Re: can't scale object or text box with selection tool

    THANK YOU! i have been dealing without my bounding box for a month now, I finally found this site and now it is all better! Thank you so much!
    Unregistered Guest

  7. #7

    I love u jeff!!
    Thanks!!
    I had same problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey_r_thomasadobeforums.com View Post
    under the "view" menu, make sure it says "hide bounding box" - that means it's currently on. If it's currently off, as is probably the case, it will say "show bounding box". Click on it. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

    The keyboard shortcut for that is ctrl-shift-b.

    -jeff
    Fernanda Albuquerque Guest

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey_R_Thomasadobeforums.com View Post
    Under the "View" menu, make sure it says "hide bounding box" - that means it's currently on. If it's currently off, as is probably the case, it will say "show bounding box". Click on it. Hopefully that will solve your problem.

    The keyboard shortcut for that is ctrl-shift-B.

    -jeff
    Thanks so much. Fixed it for me
    Unregistered Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks

    I also had the very same problem!! now solved
    Unregistered Guest

  10. #10

    Thank's ! !!!
    Unregistered Guest

  11. #11

    I am showing the bounding box, but for some reason today, I am unable to use the selection tool to grab a corner or side of a shape and pull it to modify it. It's only allowing me to move the shape as a whole, not scale it by dragging. All of a sudden it's not working. ugh. Any other thoughts on why this wouldn't be working?
    colleen Guest

  12. #12

    This helped me too. Thanks!
    Jānis Kormis is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1

  13. #13

  14. #14

    Tks to all!
    ctrl +shift+B worked for me.....

    regds
    Rachna
    Unregistered Guest

  15. #15

    Love you!!!!!!!!! I was dealing with these problem about 1 hour
    Unregistered Guest

  16. #16

    thanks a lot .. i had the same problem.. and it was a 'show bounding box" issue.
    rootblue Guest

  17. #17

    Smile Re: can't scale object or text box with selection tool

    Quote Originally Posted by Poul_Solbjerg_Holstadobeforums.com View Post
    view, show bounding box, or shift+ctrl b

    Poul Solbjerg
    Thanks dude! Saved my life :)
    exactly what I was looking for.. Must have clicked a shortcut by mistake
    Best wishes
    Unregistered Guest

  18. #18

    I had the same problem and used your suggestion, problem solved, Thanks!
    Unregistered Guest