Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't see Flash in CS4 - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I'm on an iMac using CS4 and I can't see any of the Flash content on my pages. These are little things like ads, buttons etc. The rest of the content is in the right place, so they are just not visible. Any ideas please?...

  1. #1

    Default Can't see Flash in CS4

    I'm on an iMac using CS4 and I can't see any of the Flash content on my pages.
    These are little things like ads, buttons etc. The rest of the content is in
    the right place, so they are just not visible.

    Any ideas please?

    Sirius7 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't see Flash in CS4

    Please refer the Note section at http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb408112&sliceId=1 for the details.

    -manoj

    m Guest

  3. #3

    This link is for the 'hanging in OSX' kb article which was resolved with the
    recent Contribute update...

    Running the Terminal command:
    defaults write com.adobe.Contribute WebKitPluginsEnabled -bool NO
    does not resolve my issue.

    I already had the update installed. The issue was there before Safari 3.2.1
    was installed on my system.

    Sirius7 Guest

  4. #4

    Please check the tech note once again. This command is a workaround for the older versions of Contribute.
    For Contribute CS4 refer the first 2 sections under "Solution"

    m Guest

  5. #5

    When the service becomes available I'll check again. Thanks.
    Sirius7 Guest

  6. #6

    This does not work on my iMac running OS X 10.5.6.

    I have the latest update to Contribute installed. Viewing Flash content is not
    visible in browse mode, only edit mode & even then it is not taking into
    consideration wmode=transparent parameters or displaying any flv content.

    Sirius7 Guest

  7. #7

    Hi,
    The rendering of the active content is turned off to fix the launch issue.
    Refer:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb408112&sliceId=1
    <<
    Note: To fix the above issue, the rendering of any active content like swf,
    flv, mpg, mpeg, mov etc. is blocked in the Contribute browse mode on 10.5.x
    with Safari 3.2.1. However the active content will render in the Contribute
    Edit mode. [/ref]

    However you can view the content in the browse mode in the File-> Preview in
    Browser before publishing the same OR you can browse to the same page in any
    browser.
    -manoj

    m Guest

  8. #8

    [q]To fix the above issue, the rendering of any active content like swf, flv,
    mpg, mpeg, mov etc. is blocked in the Contribute browse mode on 10.5.x with
    Safari 3.2.1. However the active content will render in the Contribute Edit
    mode.[/q]
    Not properly or not at all in the case of flv. See my previous post.
    [q]However you can view the content in the browse mode in the File-> Preview
    in Browser before publishing the same OR you can browse to the same page in any
    browser.[/q]
    Yes, you are quite right, I can always look at my web pages online... Come on,
    I'm talking about using Contribute, a program that I paid for, not a free web
    browser. Adobe have not fixed this yet. What is the state of play please?

    Sirius7 Guest

  9. #9

    Hi,
    As mentioned in the tech note: Apple has acknowledged the issue and is working on a resolution in the subsequent updates of Safari.

    Thanks,
    Manoj

    m Guest

  10. #10

    Thanks Manoj

    I realise that you are trying to help and I am not ungrateful, just
    frustrated.

    As I see it, Safari is a free product developed by Apple whereas Contribute is
    a commercial application sold by Adobe. The responsibility to find a solution
    lies with Adobe who are charging customers for a product that does not work as
    intended if it is run on an extremely popular platform, OS X 10.5+ with a
    particular version of a web browser installed. Apple are less likely to expend
    resources finding a solution to a third-party problem as their product does
    work as intended.
    Apple and Adobe had very close links for many years in the creative arena.
    Maybe the focus for Adobe has changed and Contribute has a wider customer-base
    amongst PC users. It feels like, as a legitimate customer having paid A LOT of
    money for Adobe products, I am being fobbed-off by being told that Apple will
    come to the rescue.

    Sirius7 Guest