Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't see the HTML Code - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I recently posed the following question: On my DW window, I seem to be stuck on the design view. When I click on the code view nothing happens (it still remains in the design view). Only the design view works. The response to this question was: More than likely you dragged it to invisibilty. However, it is showing along with the split view and design view. The three view windows show but nothing happens when you click on it. I have since switched to DW mx but the problems still remains. Can anyone explain in simple terms what needs to ...

  1. #1

    Default Can't see the HTML Code

    I recently posed the following question:

    On my DW window, I seem to be stuck on the design view. When I click on the code view nothing happens (it still remains in the design view). Only the design view works.

    The response to this question was: More than likely you dragged it to invisibilty.

    However, it is showing along with the split view and design view. The three view windows show but nothing happens when you click on it.

    I have since switched to DW mx but the problems still remains.

    Can anyone explain in simple terms what needs to be done to resolve the problem.

    I am a frustrated novice.

    The Response,

    Have you tried switching to a different workspace?
    Go to the Edit menu > Preferences > General Tab > Change Workspace.

    Close Dreamweaver and re-launch it. See if you get the same issue. If not,
    try switching back to the original workspace that you are using, see if it
    solves your issue.

    My Response,

    I tried your suggestions as you suggested.

    It seems to be "locked" in the Disign view position and it will not allow me to toggle to code view or code and design view.

    All of the Icons are present.

    Thanks,

    Any Suggestions

    Grut webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't see the HTML Code

    Grut:

    Open DW. Create a new page. Do the View icons seem to work properly?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Grut" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I recently posed the following question:
    >
    > On my DW window, I seem to be stuck on the design view. When I click on
    the code view nothing happens (it still remains in the design view). Only
    the design view works.

    > The response to this question was: More than likely you dragged it to
    invisibilty.

    > However, it is showing along with the split view and design view. The
    three view windows show but nothing happens when you click on it.

    > I have since switched to DW mx but the problems still remains.
    >
    > Can anyone explain in simple terms what needs to be done to resolve the
    problem.

    > I am a frustrated novice.
    >
    > The Response,
    >
    > Have you tried switching to a different workspace?
    > Go to the Edit menu > Preferences > General Tab > Change Workspace.
    >
    > Close Dreamweaver and re-launch it. See if you get the same issue. If not,
    > try switching back to the original workspace that you are using, see if it
    > solves your issue.
    >
    > My Response,
    >
    > I tried your suggestions as you suggested.
    >
    > It seems to be "locked" in the Disign view position and it will not allow
    me to toggle to code view or code and design view.

    > All of the Icons are present.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Any Suggestions

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Grut:

    I guess an uninstall and reinstall would be the next step then.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    > I created a new page per your suggestion and it did not make a difference.
    The problem persists.

    > Thanks

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    I'm really new with DW, but I remember this problem occuring to me in the past. Try to preview the doent (F12) and copy paste the source, restart DW, then open a new doent and paste it in the code view. See if that helps.

    soflaimports webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest