Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't select within a clipping path, or do multipleselections or select points using the alt key or select beneath - Macromedia Freehand

I'm runing Freehand 11 on OS 10.3.8 and am finding the shift, alt and apple keys do not work for certain commands. The shift key will not scale things proportionatly, will not keep straight lines, will not select beneath and object, will not do multiple selections. The alt key will not select a point or object on a grouped object. It's driving me mad!!!...

  1. #1

    Default Can't select within a clipping path, or do multipleselections or select points using the alt key or select beneath

    I'm runing Freehand 11 on OS 10.3.8 and am finding the shift, alt and apple
    keys do not work for certain commands. The shift key will not scale things
    proportionatly, will not keep straight lines, will not select beneath and
    object, will not do multiple selections. The alt key will not select a point or
    object on a grouped object. It's driving me mad!!!

    hayley Guest

  2. #2

    hayley monkey wrote:

    Use the control key to select objects below other objects.
    Shift-control-click cycles between stacked objects, adding them to the
    current selection.

    As for the straight lines, are you using the line tool? With the pen tool,
    he shift key constrains points, not path segments. The pencil tool is a wild
    child that cannot be restrained.

    The Alt/Option key is now used to control rounded corners on rectangles and
    polygons, and moving ellipse segments on ellipses. You have to ungroup those
    primitives before subselecting a point.

    Do you have a third-party extension or hot-key macro running?

    Do the modifier keys work in other software? If not, you could have a
    keyboard malfunction.

    I'm on FHMX/OS 10.3.8, English keyboard, US layout, and am not having these
    problems.

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  3. #3

    hayley monkey wrote:

    "Alt" key? Do you have PC keyboard hooked up to your Mac? We have a
    couple setups like that at work (PC and Mac hooked up to the same
    keyboard and monitor.)

    Anyways, the first step for a problem like that I would take would be to
    run a maintenance program like Onyx, tail or YASU which would run
    the scripts, repair permissions and clean out the caches. Then restart
    and see if the problem is still there.
    Wes Guest

  4. #4

    I just had a situation where FH would not recognize any key pressed. I
    could select objects but nothing happend for instance, when I pressed
    the delete key. I saved and quit, then reopened FH. Now, everthing is
    working. Go figure.

    dp

    Wes Rand wrote:

    > "Alt" key? Do you have PC keyboard hooked up to your Mac? We have a
    > couple setups like that at work (PC and Mac hooked up to the same
    > keyboard and monitor.)
    >
    > Anyways, the first step for a problem like that I would take would be to
    > run a maintenance program like Onyx, tail or YASU which would run
    > the scripts, repair permissions and clean out the caches. Then restart
    > and see if the problem is still there.[/ref]
    D. Guest

  5. #5

    Judy: Yes I am using the line tool, shift will not keep it straight nor will it
    keep items in proportion. You can still select objects within a group with the
    alt key as I could do this until last week! I don't have any extension or
    hot-key macro running either! I've been using Freehand for 10 years and have
    never come across anything like this before, I'm baffled.

    Wes: I have a mac key board.

    Everything was fine until last week. I reinstalled FH on Friday and it was all
    fine again and then I get into work this morning and it's gone all wrong again.
    I despair!

    hayley Guest