Hi - we are using Dreamweaver 8 and Contribute 4. I am new to Contribute and
testing out the feature of updating a .dwt, uploading it to the server and then
having it automatically update those files using that updated template

I Upload the changed .dwt to the /Templates folder on the Web server

Close Contribute and open contribute. I see a little screen flash saying that
it's updating templates. (Note: Contribute connects to the server via an FTP
connection).

But it doesn't update the pages based on that updated template!

I can manually update the template updates in Contribute (Format - Template
Properties (apply and ok), so I know the page can find the template. The
pages are not in draft mode either.

Any ideas??????