Professional Web Applications Themes

Can't verify connection information - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Hi, I've been using Contribute to edit a website for around 3 years with no problems. A few months ago it developed a connection issue. Although the connection details work fine on my PC, I am unable to set up a connection to the site on any other PC on our work network. I can set up the connection (with the same connection details) at home and colleagues can on a different network so it seems to be specific to our network. As I say, we can access it using existing connections and also through ftp software. We have been ...

  1. #1

    Default Can't verify connection information

    Hi,

    I've been using Contribute to edit a website for around 3 years with no
    problems. A few months ago it developed a connection issue. Although the
    connection details work fine on my PC, I am unable to set up a connection to
    the site on any other PC on our work network. I can set up the connection (with
    the same connection details) at home and colleagues can on a different network
    so it seems to be specific to our network. As I say, we can access it using
    existing connections and also through ftp software. We have been using C3 but
    I've downloaded the trial of CS3 and that doesn't solve the problem.

    We're getting the following error when specifying the website homepage (which
    is correct, hasn't changed and works outside of the network and on existing
    connections):

    "Contribute cannot verify your connection information. The path given does not
    match the website's homepage or there may be a permissions problems."

    Interestingly, If I go to "my connections" on a PC with an existing and
    working connection it comes up with the error when I choose the path to the
    homepage - even though the connection still works.

    Has anyone come across this problem? Any ideas would be most welcome!

    Thanks

    NaTHNaC Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can't verify connection information

    Ok, I've just posted a very similar problem. I have users at all of my
    locations working just fine, except one. I don't have a root cause yet, but
    i'll subscribe to this thread and keep you posted if you'll do the same.
    good luck.

    jehrbear Guest