Professional Web Applications Themes

can we do motion in PS css? - Adobe Photoshop Mac CS, CS2 & CS3

I'm trying to make my web site a bit more dianamic and I saw that I can do animation, rollover. My question is: it possible to do motion like, as in video in PS or do I need Flash for that. Thanks for the help...

  1. #1

    Default can we do motion in PS css?

    I'm trying to make my web site a bit more dianamic

    and I saw that I can do animation, rollover. My question is: it possible to do motion like, as in video in PS or do I need Flash for that.

    Thanks for the help
    r. shefer Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: can we do motion in PS css?

    You can do simple animation in ImageReady
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Think: animated gifs.

    Neil
    Neil_Keller@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    so do I need Flash for more motion or dreamweaver?

    what about the new 'motion' from apple??
    r. Guest

  5. #5

    You need to jump to ImageReady from Photoshop and create your animation there, saving it as an animated gif.
    LRK@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Flash (not Dreamweaver) is the app if you need to create complex animated files, but you can do fairly effective animated gifs from Imageready (which comes with Photoshop).
    jonf@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    what aobut more of a video feeling not animation?
    r. Guest

  8. #8

    For video, look into After Effects and Premiere
    Rene_Walling@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Just a personal observation: for every one good "feeling" web animation there are 99 poor ones and 900 offensive ones.

    Cutesy movement tricks are perhaps ok on a personal site designed to showcase cutesy movement. However, most folks go to professional sites seeking information. IMO most of the time cutesy movement tricks obfuscate the communication of information.

    We all know a few great movement sites. Very few. Thousands of sites with movement done poorly.

    Rollovers are another story. They normally work well and help communicate.
    Allen_Wicks@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Motion like THIS <http://www.2advanced.com>?
    T._C.@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    T.C, nice.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    T.C.-

    That is nice. And appropriate, because it is communicating what the site does: "We are in this business and see how well we do it." What I dislike is the too-typical addition of animation just because it is possible.
    Allen_Wicks@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    What I dislike is the too-typical addition of animation just because it
    is possible.

    The addition of anything just because it is possible is, in my opinion, what has brought about a deplorable deterioration in design standards after computer technology became accessible to the masses. It applies to many other fields, for instance using a fish-eye lens just because the user happens to have one, or distorting type just because you can do it, etc.

    Very often I just can't believe what I see on book and magazine covers, ads, posters, etc.
    Ramón_G_Castañeda@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Allen, I agree with you but the question that r. shefer posted was, is motion possible with Photoshop or did he/she need Flash. He/she wasn't asking if it's was appropriate or not. So to answer his/her question, you'll need Flash to create something like 2advanced.com with that type of motion. Qucktime can also be used for motion, but not in the same way as the 2advanced.com site. You can use Photoshop to create elements of the motion graphic. Final Cut, Shake, and Motion(not yet released) on the Mac side; Premiere and After Effects on the Windows side. Avid on either but that's a matter of personal choice. Plus a multitude of other programs. Motion graphics is being taught at a school close to me, part of the program is learning AutoCAD among other things like Maya and 3D Studio Max.

    Also, r. shefer doesn't say whether the site is professional or just personal. Maybe it's a personal site and he/she just wants to experiment with new techniques, I don't know. I'm not trying to argue, I'm just pointing out that everyone else is talking animated graphics when r. has clearly asked about motion/video type graphics. 2 different things.

    Peace,
    Tracy C.
    T._C.@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    You are right Tracy, I missed the point. <sigh>

    Yes Peace would be a good thing - but first we must cure the Mad Cowboy Disease...
    <g>
    Allen_Wicks@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Mad Cowboy Disease <http://www.mind.net/basile/DeficitDubya79.html>! B)

    Tracy C.
    T._C.@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    TC too funny.
    Buko@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    I was having trouble sleeping but now that I certain that our fate is secure I won't ever be able to sleep!

    Thanks TC!
    Wade_Zimmerman@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    Your welcome! B)
    T._C.@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Hey r.,

    More MOTION <http://www.corpusgroup.net> with flash. Now these guys know how to have fun! B)

    Not much there yet but if it's going to be anything like the last version then it'll be pretty cool.
    T._C.@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast