Professional Web Applications Themes

Can you change the color of text with the Touchup Text tool? - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

I just want to say that your note helped me. I NEVER knew that I could use a right click to bring up properties when using the text touch-up tool! (In my case it is a "control click" as I have a single click mouse.) The way I got the darned properties window on my screen was to start to create a link and then switch to the text touch-up and it then converts to the properties dialog box with the colors and font manipulation functions. I should always try the control click move as I know it is usually ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Can you change the color of text with the Touchup Text tool?

    I just want to say that your note helped me.

    I NEVER knew that I could use a right click to bring up properties when using the text touch-up tool! (In my case it is a "control click" as I have a single click mouse.)

    The way I got the darned properties window on my screen was to start to create a link and then switch to the text touch-up and it then converts to the properties dialog box with the colors and font manipulation functions. I should always try the control click move as I know it is usually helpful in Photoshop in using tool options, etc.

    Again proof that this forum is helpful, even when doodling around (I only looked at this link because of the text coloring title).

    Tom
    Tom Graner Guest

  2. #2

    Tom,

    I'm quite happy to have been helpful. Its good to know somebody is getting something useful out of my comments.
    sws@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hey, sws, I appreciate you too. :)
    Garrett_Cobarr@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you! I've been looking for this for hours! Could Acrobat make it just a little more difficult to find this feature?????
    Cindi_Leeman@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Actually i just checked the Help file and its fairly well doented in there. However, I admit, most Mac people are probably not used to the Control or Right-Click functionality found here. You should try it no matter where you are in what Adobe app you are using. There are lots of tools quickly available using this method. This is one of the reasons I can't stand the mouse that comes with new Macs. I always buy a mouse with a right-click button. I use these context menu as often as possible.
    sws@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    I don't know what I did, but I looked in help files and couldn't find anything. Maybe I didn't search for the correct phrase... Regardless, thanks!
    Cindi_Leeman@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Just to add to what sws said about clicking on items with the Control key while on the Mac OS...
    This is probably the most undiscovered power in the Mac OS (x). I have been telling clients to hold down the Control key and click on anything, not just Adobe apps, but the desktop, folders other apps, it is a wealth of at point, in context based control.

    sws are you referring to help in Acrobat 6 or 7? I have found that the organization and contents for v6 to be, well, appalling.
    Garrett_Cobarr@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    I currently only have 7 installed on my machines. I would hope that this was how things worked in 6, but I already cannot remember, which can be less than helpful on this forum.
    sws@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Acrobat 6 also had this feature - before this, text editing with colours
    was performed via the Touch-up Text/Text Attributes option in versions 4
    and 5.

    Cheers!

    Jon
    Jon_Bessant@adobeforums.com Guest