Professional Web Applications Themes

Can you convert PDF layers to PDF pages - Adobe Acrobat Macintosh

I have a PDF which i have created in illustrator, and created it in layers, So now I have a layered PDF, but really want all my layers to appear on separate pages. Does anyone know if this is possible. Thank you...

  1. #1

    Default Can you convert PDF layers to PDF pages

    Louise_Moyna@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can you convert PDF layers to PDF pages

    That's not what layers are for. Illustrator can't make a multi-page
    PDF. For that you want something like InDesign.

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Oh OK, thanks.
    I guess the only way to have all my layers appear on separate PDF pages is to create them separetly and combine them in Acrobat.

    Oh well, thanks anyway.
    Louise_Moyna@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    You could combine them in Acrobat, but that's very hard work. Why not
    use a tool designed to make a multi-page doent?

  5. #5

    Yeah I know what you mean, I'm asking for someone who likes to work in Illustrator, but may have to look at other applications. Am I right in thinking Freehand is better for this?
    Louise_Moyna@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Freehand might have more power, but that isn't really the point:
    producing multi-page doents isn't (only) an illustrating job.

    I think you may be making a common mistake: looking for the one
    product that is used for a task. But it doesn't work that way. People
    use Photoshop for images, Illustrator for illustrations and complex
    layouts, and InDesign for page layout and book production. Switching
    between them is what makes them effective.

    So there's no need to unlearn Illustrator. If it suits you, you create
    each page in Illustrator and place into InDesign, with no other
    additions. Though you will probably find InDesign saves you time by
    taking care of the details related to multi-page production
    (consistency of sizes, page numbering etc.) and is much easier for
    body text.

  7. #7

    I agree with Aandi. There is no substitute for a page layout app. If you wish to create your pages in Illustrator, you will need to set up separate doents for each page, and then either place them in a page layout application (such as InDesign)and generate your PDF from that, or generate separate PDFs and bundle them together (a somewhat tedious task).
    Dana_Rine@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks guys

    I know you are right, I just thought if you could create layers in Adobe Acrobat that you could convert those layers into pages. But I guess that's not what it was built for.

    Better look into another programme
    Louise_Moyna@adobeforums.com Guest