Professional Web Applications Themes

Can you give this site your professional opinion? - Macromedia Flash Sitedesign

Well, here we go... the best I have done yet (I hope.) I am looking for average load time, visual appeal, ease of navigation and user friendliness. Plus, any additional comments. Thank for the time, I do appreciate it! [url]http://www.steeleimaging.com[/url] Thanks! Dave Steele [url]www.steeleimaging.com[/url] Voice Over / Audio Production Referring URLs [url]www.steeleimaging.com[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Can you give this site your professional opinion?

    Well, here we go... the best I have done yet (I hope.) I am looking for average load time, visual appeal, ease of navigation and user friendliness. Plus, any additional comments. Thank for the time, I do appreciate it!

    [url]http://www.steeleimaging.com[/url]

    Thanks!
    Dave Steele
    [url]www.steeleimaging.com[/url]
    Voice Over / Audio Production

    Referring URLs
    [url]www.steeleimaging.com[/url]

    SteeleImaging Guest

  2. #2

    It looks good, kinda masculine. There's nothing really feminine about the site. This may be a plus if most of your audience is predominantly male.
    The varying volumne levels made the audio kind of alarming, when transitioning from one page to another.
    Help expressions are very informative.
    Content could be more professional if written from a different point of view. I was a bit confused about what the company does exactly.

    Overall, the site is appealing using both visually and audio effects, as well as useful and informative.

    Patrice1122 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Wow. Great review. Very intuitive! I sure thank you for pointing out how confusing it was to get a grasp of what I do. I took for granted, being in the business, that people would understand the product. You have a very valid point and I will be addressing those issues. I really thank you.

    As far as the "Masculine" looks go, I don't know that I was shooting for that... I guess just a personal preference of color for me would be that deep blue. I think it looks sharp. But, if you listen to the audio demo's and the voices that I do, perhaps that look and feel fits the image.

    I really appreciate the time you spent to review my work.

    Thanks!

    Dave Steele

    SteeleImaging Guest

  4. #4

    On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 07:09:49 +0000 (UTC), SteeleImaging wrote:
    > Well, here we go... the best I have done yet (I hope.) I am looking for average load time, visual appeal, ease of navigation and user friendliness. Plus, any additional comments. Thank for the time, I do appreciate it!
    >
    > [url]http://www.steeleimaging.com[/url]
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Dave Steele
    > [url]www.steeleimaging.com[/url]
    > Voice Over / Audio Production
    >
    > Referring URLs
    > [url]www.steeleimaging.com[/url]
    FWIW, I think it's really well done graphically as well as the audio. I
    didn't experience change in volume, but perhaps you already changed that.
    I'm not in your business, but it seemed obvious to me that you're in the ad
    business. Loaded fast (here) and nicely styled.
    --

    Larry
    email is rapp at lmr dot com

  5. #5

    Nice site.

    my suggestions:
    I would speed up the opening transitions (the event after a menu button is pressed).

    Your bodycopy type is alised (a little blurry)...solution: Use a bitmap font for your body copy [url]www.fontsforflash.com[/url]

    To make the section header 'POP', change the font color to white.
    Speaking of color: The blue you used is a bit over-saturated. Look at this blue ([url]http://www.dhq.com/forums/adj-blue.jpg[/url])

    Lastly.. I would add some photography (people especially) inside some of the contant areas.

    - Chuck

    Charliedhq webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  6. #6

    Chuck...
    Holy Cow... you are right! That blue looks great. I will have to do a little tune up! I think my compression (at 70%) on the movie may be too much. I will try to republish at (80%)... or, does anyone have suggestions for compression settings?

    I will look at the header peices again.

    GREAT suggestions and SUPER color idea. What is the ##### of that blue in your example?

    Dave Steele

    SteeleImaging Guest

  7. #7

    This is one of the very best sites that I have ever seen! You are a master!

    William Kazak Guest