Professional Web Applications Themes

Can you save photos to CD from photoshop elem? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Just installed a read-write CD drive. It came with NERO. I can't figure it out. I heard somewhere that you could save photos or photo albums to CD from photoshop elements. Is it true? If so, how? I've been through help and see nothing on this topic. I've tried saving a photo, one of my own, and get an error message that I don't own the photo and must get permission from the administrator or owner. Huh?...

  1. #1

    Default Can you save photos to CD from photoshop elem?

    Just installed a read-write CD drive. It came with NERO. I can't figure it out. I heard somewhere that you could save photos or photo albums to CD from photoshop elements. Is it true? If so, how? I've been through help and see nothing on this topic. I've tried saving a photo, one of my own, and get an error message that I don't own the photo and must get permission from the administrator or owner. Huh?
    alice folkart Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Can you save photos to CD from photoshop elem?

    I also would like to burn photos to a cd and I use Roxio 5.10 and don't know how to get PhotoElements 11 into a single file or folder so I can burn from this master folder or file.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks, happyjack
    jack trexler Guest

  3. #3

    Jack, Elements doesn't store any images and shouldn't be included in the "equation" for burning.

    Create a folder on your hard drive containing the images you want to put on a CD and then follow the Roxio instructions from there. You'll probably want the pictures sorted according to date or subject. You can create one huge folder (providing it doesn't go over the limit for burning to one CD) or you can create multiple folders. Roxio makes software for both Win and Mac, and you don't say which you've got. On my Mac, I just open Toast, drag the folder into the window and hit the command to start the session.
    Beth Haney Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you Beth and Nancy. I will try what you suggested. I'm a newbe,sortof, and I'm using Win XP Home and Photelement 2 and this computer is a Dell 8200 that my kids gave me for my retirement and I trying to get old family photos scanned into PhotoElements and then to CD's to send to each of my kids. I thought about getting another editing program to make this process easier but I'll experiment with your suggestions. Thank your VERY MUCH. Jack
    jack trexler Guest

  5. #5

    Jack,

    PSE is a wonderful program to use for your project, many have purchased it for just that reason.

    Come back if you have more questions, many knowledgable and friendly people frequent this forum.

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  6. #6

    Jack, Alice,

    I heartily recommend the excellent site
    <http://scantips.com>
    The material is excellent. Beware...the site is enormous.

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  7. #7

    Jack, I could be wrong, because I'm not very familiar with the Win software that's out there, but I suspect the process of scanning, editing, burning to CD is going to be pretty much the same.. The digital editing software and CD burning software each have very distinct functions, so I kind of doubt you'll find one application that will let you glide through both.

    I, too, scan, edit, and save old family photos, so I've done a lot of this. Fun, huh?!
    Beth Haney Guest

  8. #8

    Beth, Photoshop Album has the capability to do basic editing or bridge in
    and out of Elements or Photoshop AND burn CD's. Not sure all the issues
    with it have been addressed, but it's designed to be an all-in one app.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  9. #9

    OK, so that's a good option for Jack to check out, especially if he's not going to need the more heavy duty editing capabilities Elements provides.

    I happen to feel most comfortable using different apps for specific tasks. Of course I'm also the one who doesn't want the vegetables touching the potatoes! :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  10. #10

    Nancy- I have spent the last 2 hours on the scantips.com site. It gave much needed info and I have it bookmarked for further reference. There was a section on the ScanWizard 5 that i have and there was nore info than I could get from Microtek, I also downloaded a program called Picasa=it found all the pics on my harddrive and put into albums which I think I can copy to folder cnd call it Burn-Pics and copy to CD. Chuck- I'm seriously looking at Photoshaop Album as it seens to work hand in hand with the Photo elements. I'm having a BALL with this and appreciate all the sugestions. At 79 things come about a slight-bit slower for me.
    jack trexler Guest

  11. #11

    Jack, at 79 it would appear that you're doing GREAT! Hope you continue to
    enjoy your adventures in digital imaging...

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  12. #12

    Jack-

    You're just a kid. Wait til you catch up with me and hit 82.

    Al (The Octogenarian)
    Al Millstein Guest

  13. #13

    Should I call you two 'Gramps'?...no, no, can't do that, I'm a female Gramps myself.

    :)

    Hooray for Jack and Al for keeping their mind sharp and an ongoing desire for knowledge.

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  14. #14

    Nancy,

    I do suspect brain damage sometimes as I work through the PSE tools.

    But what the heck; I've got a coffee mug that gives me the "world's greatest grandpa award, also a soup cup and a T-shirt.

    Al
    Al Millstein Guest

  15. #15

    Al,

    What more could a guy want than a loving family....you sound like a real trooper. We all probably have brain damage after age 20!!

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  16. #16

    Al, Jack and Erin,

    Can't remember if I read or not, have either of you two checked out the off-site webspace associated with this forum (but in way assoc. with Adobe) called the Challenge? Every week a new image is available for anyone to use in any way and then it gets emailed to Grant and he posts the image on the website. It is absolutely inspiring what people come up with. Check it out. Click on the thumbnails to see the larger version.
    <http://www.cavesofice.org/~grant/Present/index.html>

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  17. #17

    Nancy

    I really do appreciate the plug. The only correction is that the Challenge
    Site is in no way associated with Adobe. Heaven's any errors I make on it
    are my own and I would not want to drag Adobe down with my humble work. The
    Challenge started as an idea on this forum and Adobe is kind enough to let
    us promote it in this forum and for that I am thankful. . While I have no
    idea how much Adobe knows about our coming and goings in the challenge I am
    very appreciative of their tolerance. I suspect if they are aware of it
    they would be very pleased to see how all the artist use there products. All
    that is good about the challenge is due to the fine artist that participate
    in it and all that is bad is directly on my shoulders

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  18. #18

    Nancy and Grant-

    Just did it ! Nancy, you are my inspiration.

    Al
    Al Millstein Guest

  19. #19

    Whoops ! I called it Challenge 28. I know it's only 24 . Sorry.

    Al
    Al Millstein Guest

  20. #20

    Grant,

    I apologize for the typo, it distorted my intended meaning. This phrase was meant to convey the non-Adobe nature of the Challenge but my omission of that teeny, tiny word 'no' in front of 'way' ("but in way assoc...") did sound like a falsehood. Thank you for pointing this out to me, I didn't catch the mistake.

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast