Professional Web Applications Themes

Candy Mountain Massacre - Macromedia Director 3D

Hello, we've just released a new Shockwave first person shooter called Candy Mountain Massacre: < http://www.adultswim.com/games/candymountain/index.html > Exterminate the infected creatures of Candy Mountain while saving the uninfected cupcakes. Steve www.mockworld.com...

  1. #1

    Default Candy Mountain Massacre

    Hello, we've just released a new Shockwave first person shooter called Candy
    Mountain Massacre: < http://www.adultswim.com/games/candymountain/index.html >

    Exterminate the infected creatures of Candy Mountain while saving the
    uninfected cupcakes.
    Steve
    www.mockworld.com

    mockworld Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Candy Mountain Massacre

    I know first person games are easier to make but will you do 3d person action game
    tyree_2 Guest

  3. #3

    Nice game Steve.
    The 'infected creatures' look lovely.

    [q]Originally posted by: tyree_2
    I know first person games are easier to make but will you do a 3d person
    action game.[/q]

    Try to make a first person shooter game first of all and you can share your
    deep thoughts after that.

    AlinaX Guest

  4. #4

    nice game, I also like the idea behind it

    by the way, what's so easy in making a 1st person?
    Erhard Guest

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Cool, glad you guys like the game. Well... except for tyree :)
    mockworld Guest

  7. #7

    mockworld wrote:

    Hi,

    I like it too:) Really nice feel to the game.

    And think tyree's comment has been taken a bit too harshly. Seems to
    have been interpreted as - "First person is the soft option approach,
    why don't you make it in third person?" But it may have been said with
    this meaning in mind, "First person games seem easier to build - is this
    true? Do you have any third person games?" And so, an answer could be a
    short explanation of what's involved with building a first person game,
    why you chose this approach rather than third person, any third person
    games you have made. And I'd be interested to hear these things.

    regards
    Dean

    Director Lecturer / Consultant / Director Enthusiast
    http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
    http://www.multimediacreative.com.au
    email: edu.au

    Dean Guest

  8. #8

    the question raised had to do with taking on the challenges of a 3rd person
    game or scene which is a bit more involved than a 1st person shooter. where its
    essentially just a hand and a weapon and an unobstructed view since the
    character isnt in the way. take your mech game its a respctable 3rd person
    online game. why not make a 3rd person game with a character thats actually
    agile that can roll and do acrobatics of some kind and isnt limited to simply
    walking around. I havent seen a lot of online shockwave games of this type. It
    would most likely be unique

    tyree_2 Guest

  9. #9

    Great game, love the look and style of the graphics/models etc.. would you mind
    if I ask which 3D app you guys use and if you exported the level out as a
    complete scene or separate models?

    Thanks
    Nick

    Nick Guest

  10. #10

    Hi Nick,

    All of the 3D models and textures were made in 3DS Max. The levels were all
    exported out as one W3D file, but within that one file there were many separate
    models. Also, there are some invisible models, for proxy geometry and such,
    those are part of the W3D as well. In total each level W3D contains about 23.5k
    polys.

    Steve
    www.mockworld.com

    mockworld Guest

  11. #11

    Hi Steve,
    Thanks for the info its great to get idea about how games this professional get built.

    Thanks
    Nick
    Nick Guest