Professional Web Applications Themes

Cannot ALLOW cam or mic access - Macromedia Flash Player

i am trying to broadcast on ustream.tv through flash player but i am having a problem that i cannot resolve. when the Flash Player pop-up box asks if i will let ustream.tv access my camera and microphone, i click ALLOW but it does nothing. the pop-up box just stays there. it will not do anything when i click ALLOW or DENY. also, when i right-click in the pop-up box and view privacy settings, it will not let me click the radio button next to ALLOW. i am running Vista on a Sony Vaio laptop. (i also run XP on another ...

  1. #1

    Default Cannot ALLOW cam or mic access

    i am trying to broadcast on ustream.tv through flash player but i am having a
    problem that i cannot resolve.

    when the Flash Player pop-up box asks if i will let ustream.tv access my
    camera and microphone, i click ALLOW but it does

    nothing. the pop-up box just stays there. it will not do anything when i
    click ALLOW or DENY. also, when i right-click in

    the pop-up box and view privacy settings, it will not let me click the radio
    button next to ALLOW.

    i am running Vista on a Sony Vaio laptop. (i also run XP on another Sony Vaio
    and the flash player with ustream.tv works

    fine. i click allow and my camera and microphone broadcast normally.)

    the mic and camera are both working properly and the flash player is
    recognizing them.

    i have tried reinstalling flash player but that did not resolve the problem.

    i've tried adjusting my IE browser privacy and security settings but that has
    not resolve the problem.

    i've tried running through Firefox but that did not resolve the problem.

    Once again, on my other laptop that runs XP, broadcasting with flash player on
    ustream.tv is working with IE and Firefox.

    i'm thinking this must be a Vista issue but I cannot figure it out.

    please help me resolve this problem.

    abcproductions Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Cannot ALLOW cam or mic access

    I too am having the same problem. If you find a answer please help me out and I'll do the same if I come across a solution.
    adopie Guest

  3. #3

    abc, I assume you're a developer and Flash owner. Please open support cases for
    this issue (if you can phone them in that might be best, but a webcase opened
    through http://www.adobe.com/support/flash) will be OK).

    BWolfe Guest

  4. #4

    abc,
    i have same problem with you but mine is from the last four month ,i did
    access my cam and mic into the chat room isno problem at all.
    That problem i cannot click allow or deny is just starting on this month
    i have no changer anything of my computer...
    it drive me nut....
    if any one out there have solve this problem please please let me know
    how....to get back...

    post2wong Guest

  5. #5

    Check the flash player verison that your XP laptop has and see if it is
    different than the Vista version. You can go here to see what version it is:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507

    Digital_Media_Jim Guest