Charles,

This is a network newsgroup, so how did this affect your network?

The information you provide implies that the file is in a different location
than the one you are using. Do a search for the file and note the exact
location, then use that path to find the file and delete it.

If, however, after using the above you still cannot delete the file;

1) Open a Command Prompt window and leave it open. Close all open programs

2) Click Start, Run and enter TASKMGR.EXE

3) Go to the Processes tab and End Process on Explorer.exe. Leave
Task Manager open

the undeletable file is located.

5) At the command prompt type DEL <filename> where <filename> is the file
you wish to delete

restart the GUI shell

7) Close Task Manager

--