Professional Web Applications Themes

Cannot execute ASP - ASP Components

Dear all I got the warning message from event log after executing the asp page. Source: W3SVC Event ID: 36 The server failed to load application 'LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT' The error was 'no such interface supported' Please advice. Thanks Regards...

  1. #1

    Default Cannot execute ASP

    Dear all

    I got the warning message from event log after executing
    the asp page.

    Source: W3SVC
    Event ID: 36
    The server failed to load application 'LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'
    The error was 'no such interface supported'

    Please advice. Thanks

    Regards

    Godwin Guest

  2. #2

    Default RE: Cannot execute ASP

    Hi Godwin

    Here is an article that addresses this issue after Crystal Reports is
    installed

    286814 "Event ID 36" Error Message When You Run ASP Pages After You Install
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?id=286814[/url]

    I have also seen this issue happen due to permission issues. To check this
    go to [url]www.sysinternals.com[/url] and download the Filemon and Regmon utilities
    for your operating system. Run these and reproduce the error, then look for
    Access denied errors.

    As a workaround you can make the following change.
    In the Internet Service Manager open the web site or virtual directory
    properties and choose the "Home Directory" or "Virtual Directory" tab and
    change the "Application Protection" from "Medium - Pooled" to "Low - IIS
    Process".

    This changes the application to run in the Inetinfo process under the
    context of System, vs Medium or high isolation that will run in a Dllhost
    process which runs under the context of the Iwam_machinename account.

    HTH

    rights. You assume all risk for your use. 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All
    rights reserved."

    Richard Marr
    Microsoft IIS Support Professional

    Richard Marr Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you for your response. I have not installed the crytal report.
    Please advice. Thanks

    Godwin Lam Guest

  4. #4

    Hi godwin

    Did you try Filemon or Regmon to see if you had any permissions issues?
    Did you try running the site in Low Isolation?

  5. #5

    I also find the problem in COM+. I cannot open it. I found some
    article regarding this. I try to reinstall the COM+. But I still open
    it. Is there a issue related to ASP? Please advice. Thanks

    Godwin Lam Guest

  6. #6

    Sorry, I did not have any filemon or regmon. Where can I get them?
    Thank you for your supporting. Thanks

    Regards

    Godwin

    Godwin Lam Guest

  7. #7

    Thank you for your response. I try the script. It reply the error

    Error: 1AD: ActiveX component can't create object.

    Thanks

    Regards

    Godwin Lam Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Godwin,

    From the error message it appears that you have a corrupt Com Catalog.

    Check out the following article

    812485 You Cannot Start the Component Services Snap-in and Event IDs 59 and
    36
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812485[/url]

  9. #9

    Thank you for your response. I have read the article before and follow
    the step to fix it. However, I cannot open the component service in
    method 2 step 3. Please advice. Thanks

    Regards

    Godwin

    Godwin Lam Guest

  10. #10

    Hi Godwin,

    Are you receiving a "class not registered" error when trying to open
    component services then
    look at Method 2 in the article.

    This error is referenced in the article link at the bottom of the article I
    sent, which has the same resolution steps.