Professional Web Applications Themes

Cannot find Macromedia Flash - Macromedia Flash Player

I installed Flash 9 yesterday, and it says on the site and everything that I installed it successfully, but now every once in a while on my computer an error will pop up that says "Cannot find Macromedia Flash" but my computer says I have it! Can someone help me? continued...

  1. #1

    Default Cannot find Macromedia Flash

    I installed Flash 9 yesterday, and it says on the site and everything that I
    installed it successfully, but now every once in a while on my computer an
    error will pop up that says "Cannot find Macromedia Flash" but my computer says
    I have it! Can someone help me? :sad;

    himlovemetalromance Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Cannot find Macromedia Flash

    I'm getting the same annoying pop-up: "Could not find the macromedia flash." How frustrating!!!
    TeriyakiBoyJC Guest

  3. #3

    I installed Flash 10 yesterday, and I get this pop-up. Interestingly
    enough, I don't even have to hit "OK". I just move to another window,
    and it goes away on it's own. I checked things running in the
    background, but have no clue what is causing this.

    TeriyakiBoyJC wrote:
    > I'm getting the same annoying pop-up: "Could not find the macromedia flash." How frustrating!!!
    mfr751 Guest

  4. #4

    I have the Safari browser and I'm also receiving the message that the plug-in
    doesn't exist. Though I checked and I do have them installed. I can't browser
    almost any webpage with Flash Content. I have tried all the steps in the
    support page but still doesn't work.

    odella10 Guest

  5. #5

    I also had the problem. My theory is that its from custom screensavers
    that are used by older versions of flash. I noticed that my screensaver
    didnt work, and that the popup came up every time the screensaver ought
    to.

    Joseph.Maxwell.Hobbs@gmail.com Guest

  6. #6

    The screensaver is exactly what the problem is. I had thought of it before. But its definitely related to the older screensavers not finding the correct version

    From [url]http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_7_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macromedia-Flash.ht[/url]

    Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
    [url]http://www.developmentnow.com[/url]
    gary stanley Guest

  7. #7

    I got a notification of an update available for Macromedia Flash and I installed it. After that I start getting the message. I don't think it has something to do with the screensaver. I think the message is generated whenever the event that triggers the screensaver occurs. In other words, something is executing whenever you leave your computer idle for a while

    From [url]http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_7_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macromedia-Flash.ht[/url]

    Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
    [url]http://www.developmentnow.com[/url]
    Nihilist Guest

  8. #8

    I started having the same problem shortly after upgrading Flash. I have a third party screen saver that would no longer work and caused the error message. I reloaded the screen saver, error message went away and the screen saver worked again

    From [url]http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_7_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macromedia-Flash.ht[/url]

    Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
    [url]http://www.developmentnow.com[/url]
    TomC Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks to everybody on Developmentnow. I've been going slowly mad with the 'Macromedia Not Found' dialog. Re-installed custom screen saver; problem fixed

    From [url]http://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_7_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macromedia-Flash.ht[/url]

    Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group
    [url]http://www.developmentnow.com[/url]
    Simon Guest

  10. #10

    On 11 May, 19:11, Simon<nos...@developmentnow.com> wrote:
    > Thanks to everybody on Developmentnow. I've been going slowly mad with the 'MacromediaNot Found' dialog. Re-installed custom screen saver; problem fixed!
    >
    > Fromhttp://www.developmentnow.com/g/82_2006_7_0_0_791710/Cannot-find-Macr...

    Thanks for this - "Cannot find the macromedia flash" message was
    really getting annoying, changed screensaver and it looks like the
    problem is solved!

    simon@silvertrees.wanadoo.co.uk Guest