Professional Web Applications Themes

cannot install flash player - Macromedia Flash Player

i cannot install the flash player.i receive an error message "flash 8.ocx failed to register".the error code is 1904 module.i am using windows xp.please help! i tried flash 7 to no avail. what could be wrong with my computer?...

  1. #1

    Default cannot install flash player

    i cannot install the flash player.i receive an error message "flash 8.ocx
    failed to register".the error code is 1904 module.i am using windows xp.please
    help! i tried flash 7 to no avail. what could be wrong with my computer?

    blondiesmes Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: cannot install flash player

    Hi ,
    try downloading full version of version 8 Public beta should be aprox 4Mb , there is a list for each type of browser.
    Close all browsers and flash.
    click *.exe.
    Best of Luck
    PramodSharma Guest

  3. #3

    it freeze at 4 files to go : "searching for hardrive".

    And i repaired permission. How I fix that?
    Maxime Alexandre Trudel Guest

  4. #4

    How were you able to repair permission?
    kurarisa Guest

  5. #5

    There are several websites directing me to install the newest version, but when
    I get to the page to install - THERE IS NO "INSTALL NOW" BUTTON. This is
    extremely frustrating!!! Am I missing something? I have tried all the help
    topics and they just redirect me to the install page w/out the install button.

    tks!

    emavery323 Guest

  6. #6

    It would be helpful to know what OS and browser you're using.

    If you go directly to the Flash Player install page,
    ([url]http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveF[/url]
    lash) it should look like the following image (you'll have to open the link to
    see the GIF...):

    [url]http://www.wisconsintrials.org/bent/download_button.gif[/url]

    I've trimmed that image, but that's what the general download button area
    looks like.

    What do you see?

    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  7. #7

    Hello, I have a new laptop with Windows Vista. For a lot of websites you need
    Flash player. When I try to download it there should be a screen were I can
    push the Install-buton, but the install-buton doesn't come up. I don't seem to
    be able to download Flash player now. No warning-messages or anything! Can
    anybody tell me what the problem is?

    Thanks a lot!
    Regards,
    Babs

    Babs080972 Guest

  8. #8

    Same with me!
    Girlygirl34548 Guest

  9. #9

    exactly the same for me
    andy
    andy@closa.co.uk Guest

  10. #10

    Great! Not for you of course, but this means it is not something I did wrong. I
    don't understand why this is happening. Even the IT department of the company I
    work for thinks this is a bug of Windows Vista. But we still don't have a
    solution to our problem......

    Babs080972 Guest

  11. #11

    Cannot install Flash Player either. Have tried every recommended solution
    including uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Explorer. Absolutely nothing
    works. No error message, either. Am running Windows XP, Professional Version
    (2002 Service Pack 2). I cannot believe there's no solution to this. Someone
    help us, please!

    mirabs Guest

  12. #12

    Babs: I am proof that it is NOT just a bug with Vista. I never updated from Windows XP to Windows Vista and I have the same annoying problem.:disgust;
    mirabs Guest

  13. #13

    Hi all,

    Have you checked the thread called "It doesn't download or does anything!! "
    on page 9 of this forum?

    When I disabled my anti virus and firewall (Norton) and cleared cache,
    cookies, history, I finally got to the download page and it installed fine.
    PITA.

    Hope this helps,

    Gavin.

    Gavin Guest