Professional Web Applications Themes

Cannot start ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent - Coldfusion Server Administration

When I try to start the ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent I get the following error: "Could not start the ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent service on local computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal Service error" I'm using Windows 2000 and I have admin rights on my account. Any clue what is causing this issue or how I can resolve it? Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Cannot start ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent

    When I try to start the ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent I get the following error:

    "Could not start the ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent service on local computer. The
    service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an
    internal Service error"

    I'm using Windows 2000 and I have admin rights on my account.

    Any clue what is causing this issue or how I can resolve it?

    Thanks!

    Ed Zachery Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Cannot start ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent

    Ed -

    How are you starting the Agent?

    -brian

    "Ed Zachery" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to start the ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent I get the following
    error:

    > "Could not start the ColdFusion MX ODBC Agent service on local computer.
    The
    > service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error
    or an
    > internal Service error"
    >
    > I'm using Windows 2000 and I have admin rights on my account.
    >
    > Any clue what is causing this issue or how I can resolve it?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Brian Hogue Guest

  3. #3

    I go into Services, right click the agent and select Start. The status bar hangs for a second then I get the message.
    Ed Zachery Guest

  4. #4

    Ed -

    Is the Agent automatically started? This implies that you have to Stop it
    before starting it.

    If you installed CF from another ID, does that other ID have the correct
    permissions?

  5. #5

    Hey Brian,

    Yes, the agent is set to automatically start ...itjust never does. I tried
    setting it to Manual and rebooting then start it after I logged back in but I
    get the same error. Although when I did it that way it took a lot longer before
    I got the error Message, it actually looked like it was going to work.

    Anyway, I installed CF with the ID I'm using now and I do have admin rights on
    my machine. I called Desktop Support here at work and they haven't a clue
    either. I'm stumped :(

    Ed Zachery Guest

  6. #6

    Ed -

    Sorry that I could not help. I think you have two choices. One, start a new
    thread ... since no one else is helping in this thread. Two, call MM tech
    support.

    On my servers, three CF services start ... and I do not recall doing
    anything special during the install. One of those three is this ODBC Agent.

    > Hey Brian,
    >
    > Yes, the agent is set to automatically start ...itjust never does. I
    tried
    > setting it to Manual and rebooting then start it after I logged back in
    but I
    > get the same error. Although when I did it that way it took a lot longer
    before
    > I got the error Message, it actually looked like it was going to work.
    >
    > Anyway, I installed CF with the ID I'm using now and I do have admin
    rights on
    > my machine. I called Desktop Support here at work and they haven't a clue
    > either. I'm stumped :(

    Brian Hogue Guest

  7. #7

    Hey Brian,

    Thanks for trying to help out with this one. What I ended up doing was just uninstalling and reinstalling CF and it started working.

    Thanks again!

    Ed Zachery Guest