Professional Web Applications Themes

Cannot use network printers to print with Adobe Reader - Adobe Acrobat Windows

A group of users at our office are unable to print via any of the network printers. We recently purchased and installed new printers (HP) and copiers (Ricoh). When these people go to print the only printers displayed were the old network printers and any printers connected locally. We are using Windows XP with Novell Client for windows. This problem is only happening to certain people. The majority of the office has no problems. Attempted Solutions: Give full local admin rights to user. Removed all printers. Uninstalled Adobe Reader. Logged in as network administrator installed the latest version of Adobe ...

  1. #1

    Default Cannot use network printers to print with Adobe Reader

    A group of users at our office are unable to print via any of the network printers. We recently purchased and installed new printers (HP) and copiers (Ricoh). When these people go to print the only printers displayed were the old network printers and any printers connected locally. We are using Windows XP with Novell Client for windows. This problem is only happening to certain people. The majority of the office has no problems.

    Attempted Solutions:

    Give full local admin rights to user. Removed all printers. Uninstalled Adobe Reader. Logged in as network administrator installed the latest version of Adobe Reader. Installed one of the new network copiers.

    Result:

    Opened Adobe Reader and a pdf doent. Went to print and received a fatal error saying 'Adobe has encountered problems and has to close'.

    I then installed a local printer and attempted to print from Adobe. It prints fine but even though network printers were displayed, only the local printer was available.

    Has anyone come across this problem before, or has some suggestions as to how we can fix this.
    ChrisThomasTTA@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    I am assuming the printers are all networked from a central print server?
    Can I also assume that the individual users have added the desired networked printer to their printer selection?
    Larry_Tilley@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Additional to Larry,
    Does this (printer selection problems) only happen in Acrobat Reader or in other applications too?
    Gerry
    Gerry_Heinemann@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    The printers are installed on windows in the printer and faxes folder on the workstations from a central print server. The problem is exclusive to Adobe reader. Other applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, notepad etc all print and view the printers without problem.
    ChrisThomasTTA@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    You should ask in the Reader Forum.
    W_T_Allen@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    If the issue is machine-specific, you'll probably be best off with simply re-imaging the machine.

    Nathan
    Nathan_Strong@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Had same problem although only one network printer installed. Other users had no problem. I eventually uninstalled Reader Vers X and downloaded Vers 9. Sorted.
    Unregistered Guest