Professional Web Applications Themes

Canon Battary Question. - Photography

I'm looking for a second battery for my s400. Is the Canon battery an 850mAh? I've only seen 770's here. I'm in Canada, and so far the price difference doesn't make it worth while going to a third party. Are there any brands i should look for? Mark...

  1. #1

    Default Canon Battary Question.

    I'm looking for a second battery for my s400. Is the Canon battery an
    850mAh? I've only seen 770's here. I'm in Canada, and so far the price
    difference doesn't make it worth while going to a third party. Are there any
    brands i should look for?

    Mark

    Mark Handy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Canon Battary Question.

    Consider the AC-NB1LH as seen at:

    [url]http://www.batterybarn.com/nb1l.htm[/url]

    HMc

    "Mark Handy" <arcturis_no_spamrogers_get_bent.com> wrote in message
    news:OWTPa.14031$lJd1.13503news01.bloor.is.net.ca ble.rogers.com...
    > I'm looking for a second battery for my s400. Is the Canon battery an
    > 850mAh? I've only seen 770's here. I'm in Canada, and so far the price
    > difference doesn't make it worth while going to a third party. Are there
    any
    > brands i should look for?
    >
    > Mark

    Howard McCollister Guest

  3. #3

    Howard McCollister wrote:

    > Consider the AC-NB1LH as seen at:
    >
    > [url]http://www.batterybarn.com/nb1l.htm[/url]

    Why would one consider a $38 or a $44 Canon original when one can have a generic
    model with more power for $9 as reported here by a number of people. The
    generics seem to work fine. Not one person has reported a bad experience with
    one.

    Besides, the Canon brand is most likely made by one of the manufacturers who
    also make the generics, except they get to put the Canon name on it.

    Abrasha
    [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]
    Abrasha Guest

  4. #4

    If you look closer, you'll see that only one of those batteries are Canon,
    the others are "generic" (VidPro). Additionally, the AC-NB1LH is 1200 mah,
    as opposed to the standard Canon battery which is 840mah. I dispute your
    claim that there are ANY $9 batteries for the Canon S400 that are "more
    powerful" (I assume you mean "higher capacity"). A google group search on
    "Canon" and "battery" does not support your claim either.

    You will have to support your assertion, or it will fall into the category
    of internet noise.

    HMc

    "Abrasha" <abrashaabrasha.com> wrote in message
    > Howard McCollister wrote:
    > >
    > > Consider the AC-NB1LH as seen at:
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.batterybarn.com/nb1l.htm[/url]
    > >

    > Why would one consider a $38 or a $44 Canon original when one can have a
    generic
    > model with more power for $9 as reported here by a number of people. The
    > generics seem to work fine. Not one person has reported a bad experience
    with
    > one.
    >
    > Besides, the Canon brand is most likely made by one of the manufacturers
    who
    > also make the generics, except they get to put the Canon name on it.
    >
    > Abrasha
    > [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]

    Howard McCollister Guest

  5. #5

    How about 1700mah for $30 shipped? (Actually 2 850mah for $30 on Ebay)
    Or a 950mah for $23 shipped? [url]http://www.terascout.com/[/url]
    Seems like more bang for the buck!

    "Howard McCollister" <nospamnospam.net> wrote in message
    > If you look closer, you'll see that only one of those batteries are Canon,
    > the others are "generic" (VidPro). Additionally, the AC-NB1LH is 1200 mah,
    > as opposed to the standard Canon battery which is 840mah. I dispute your
    > claim that there are ANY $9 batteries for the Canon S400 that are "more
    > powerful" (I assume you mean "higher capacity"). A google group search on
    > "Canon" and "battery" does not support your claim either.
    >
    > You will have to support your assertion, or it will fall into the category
    > of internet noise.
    >
    > HMc
    >

    > "Abrasha" <abrashaabrasha.com> wrote in message
    > > Howard McCollister wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Consider the AC-NB1LH as seen at:
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.batterybarn.com/nb1l.htm[/url]
    > > >

    > > Why would one consider a $38 or a $44 Canon original when one can have a
    > generic
    > > model with more power for $9 as reported here by a number of people.
    The
    > > generics seem to work fine. Not one person has reported a bad
    experience
    > with
    > > one.
    > >
    > > Besides, the Canon brand is most likely made by one of the manufacturers
    > who
    > > also make the generics, except they get to put the Canon name on it.
    > >
    > > Abrasha
    > > [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]

    Don Coon Guest

  6. #6

    OK, now yer talkin'. That could be a good deal.

    But...

    I can't find any testimonials on Terascout, as opposed to BatteryBarn which
    seems to be pretty reputable. Also, I let my PayPal account lapse because of
    security concerns, and sending a check or money order seems so old
    fashioned. And I do have concerns because a google search on them returns
    nothing. Their web site has no address or phone number, or other identifying
    data. They must be pretty new. Anybody have experience with them? I mean,
    actually receive an order they placed?

    HMc

    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospamhotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message
    > How about 1700mah for $30 shipped? (Actually 2 850mah for $30 on Ebay)
    > Or a 950mah for $23 shipped? [url]http://www.terascout.com/[/url]
    > Seems like more bang for the buck!
    >
    > "Howard McCollister" <nospamnospam.net> wrote in message
    > > If you look closer, you'll see that only one of those batteries are
    Canon,
    > > the others are "generic" (VidPro). Additionally, the AC-NB1LH is 1200
    mah,
    > > as opposed to the standard Canon battery which is 840mah. I dispute your
    > > claim that there are ANY $9 batteries for the Canon S400 that are "more
    > > powerful" (I assume you mean "higher capacity"). A google group search
    on
    > > "Canon" and "battery" does not support your claim either.
    > >
    > > You will have to support your assertion, or it will fall into the
    category
    > > of internet noise.
    > >
    > > HMc
    > >

    > > "Abrasha" <abrashaabrasha.com> wrote in message

    > > > Why would one consider a $38 or a $44 Canon original when one can have
    > > generic
    > > > model with more power for $9 as reported here by a number of people.
    > The
    > > > generics seem to work fine. Not one person has reported a bad
    > experience
    > > with
    > > > one.
    > > >
    > > > Besides, the Canon brand is most likely made by one of the
    manufacturers
    > > who
    > > > also make the generics, except they get to put the Canon name on it.
    > > >
    > > > Abrasha
    > > > [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]

    Howard McCollister Guest

  7. #7

    Howard McCollister wrote:

    > If you look closer, you'll see that only one of those batteries are Canon,
    > the others are "generic" (VidPro). Additionally, the AC-NB1LH is 1200 mah,
    > as opposed to the standard Canon battery which is 840mah. I dispute your
    > claim that there are ANY $9 batteries for the Canon S400 that are "more
    > powerful" (I assume you mean "higher capacity").
    Well, you can dispute all you want. It was not just my claim, it was posted
    here a few days ago by someone else also.
    > A google group search on
    > "Canon" and "battery" does not support your claim either.
    Learn how to use a search engine properly.

    > You will have to support your assertion, or it will fall into the category
    > of internet noise.

    OK.

    [url]http://store./sterlingtek/cannbcambate.html[/url]

    Canon NB-1LH Battery Pack Equivalent
    For Digital Elph and Ixus Cameras!

    850mAH!

    $8.99

    Abrasha
    [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]
    Abrasha Guest

  8. #8

    Howard McCollister wrote:

    > OK, now yer talkin'. That could be a good deal.
    >
    > But...
    >
    > I can't find any testimonials on Terascout, as opposed to BatteryBarn which
    > seems to be pretty reputable. Also, I let my PayPal account lapse because of
    > security concerns, and sending a check or money order seems so old
    > fashioned. And I do have concerns because a google search on them returns
    > nothing. Their web site has no address or phone number, or other identifying
    > data. They must be pretty new. Anybody have experience with them? I mean,
    > actually receive an order they placed?

    Why don't you just buy the Canon battery and pay full price. You'll sleep
    better.

    "Testimonials, google search returns nothing, no identifying data." You are
    going through a lot of trouble for 20 bucks. Loosen up already. You've already
    spent more than $40 in time alone trying to save $10.-

    Abrasha
    [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]
    Abrasha Guest

  9. #9

    Actually, I don't need an extra battery for my S400. My only interest was
    because it came up in another group discussion. It was my observation that
    Terascout smells like a fly-by-night operation. I wouldn't buy anything off
    the internet where I had no means of pre-purchase evaluation nor
    post-purchase protection, especially from some place with zero credentials.

    As to SterlingTek and their $9 batteries, I gotta concede. You were right.
    That's amazing.

    > Howard McCollister wrote:
    > >
    > > OK, now yer talkin'. That could be a good deal.
    > >
    > > But...
    > >
    > > I can't find any testimonials on Terascout, as opposed to BatteryBarn
    which
    > > seems to be pretty reputable. Also, I let my PayPal account lapse
    because of
    > > security concerns, and sending a check or money order seems so old
    > > fashioned. And I do have concerns because a google search on them
    returns
    > > nothing. Their web site has no address or phone number, or other
    identifying
    > > data. They must be pretty new. Anybody have experience with them? I
    mean,
    > > actually receive an order they placed?
    > >

    > Why don't you just buy the Canon battery and pay full price. You'll sleep
    > better.
    >
    > "Testimonials, google search returns nothing, no identifying data." You
    are
    > going through a lot of trouble for 20 bucks. Loosen up already. You've
    already
    > spent more than $40 in time alone trying to save $10.-
    >
    > Abrasha
    > [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]

    Howard McCollister Guest

  10. #10

    > Howard McCollister wrote:
    > >
    > > OK, now yer talkin'. That could be a good deal.
    > >
    > > But...
    > >
    > > I can't find any testimonials on Terascout, as opposed to BatteryBarn
    which
    > > seems to be pretty reputable. Also, I let my PayPal account lapse
    because of
    > > security concerns, and sending a check or money order seems so old
    > > fashioned. And I do have concerns because a google search on them
    returns
    > > nothing. Their web site has no address or phone number, or other
    identifying
    > > data. They must be pretty new. Anybody have experience with them? I
    mean,
    > > actually receive an order they placed?
    [url]http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=(www.terascout[/url]
    ..com)

    Ebay Feedback: 519 positives; 2 neutrals; 2 negatives. That's 99.2%
    positive according to my calculator : )

    Don Coon Guest

  11. #11

    Abrasha <abrashaabrasha.com> wrote in message news:<3F10F341.DD486CC1abrasha.com>...
    > Howard McCollister wrote:
    > >
    > > If you look closer, you'll see that only one of those batteries are Canon,
    > > the others are "generic" (VidPro). Additionally, the AC-NB1LH is 1200 mah,
    > > as opposed to the standard Canon battery which is 840mah. I dispute your
    > > claim that there are ANY $9 batteries for the Canon S400 that are "more
    > > powerful" (I assume you mean "higher capacity").
    >
    > Well, you can dispute all you want. It was not just my claim, it was posted
    > here a few days ago by someone else also.
    >
    > > A google group search on
    > > "Canon" and "battery" does not support your claim either.
    >
    > Learn how to use a search engine properly.
    >

    > > You will have to support your assertion, or it will fall into the category
    > > of internet noise.
    > >

    > OK.
    >
    > [url]http://store./sterlingtek/cannbcambate.html[/url]
    >
    > Canon NB-1LH Battery Pack Equivalent
    > For Digital Elph and Ixus Cameras!
    >
    > 850mAH!
    >
    > $8.99
    >
    > Abrasha
    > [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]
    Perhaps I should chime in here.
    I'm the one who posted the terascout.com idea.

    I have purchased from them once recently and am hapy with their sevice and product.
    Brian Tilley Guest