Professional Web Applications Themes

Canon D60 - are they still available new? - Photography

GB <gbsonicresearch.mailme.org> wrote: > Anyone know... > (a) if the D60 is still available new, > and/or (b) of a shop that has a new D60 in stock, Camera House at Westfield Parramatta had one a few weeks ago, although it was only a few hundred less than the 10D. Just be careful not to get the salesman who thinks that the 10D has a 1:6 ("thats one colon six") "ratio". "ie, a 10mm lens works like a.. umm.. 6 mm lens". Probably also want to avoid the salesman who I heard telling a customer that a "dateback" option on ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Canon D60 - are they still available new?

    GB <gbsonicresearch.mailme.org> wrote:
    > Anyone know...
    > (a) if the D60 is still available new,
    > and/or (b) of a shop that has a new D60 in stock,
    Camera House at Westfield Parramatta had one a few weeks ago,
    although it was only a few hundred less than the 10D.

    Just be careful not to get the salesman who thinks that the 10D has
    a 1:6 ("thats one colon six") "ratio". "ie, a 10mm lens works like a..
    umm.. 6 mm lens".

    Probably also want to avoid the salesman who I heard telling a customer
    that a "dateback" option on the Canon 35mm SLR's puts the date on the
    back of the photo, not the front.

    Scott
    Scott Howard Guest

  2. #2

    "GB" <gbsonicresearch.mailme.org> wrote in message
    > "Russell Stewart" <adpotdpixelpix.com.au> wrote in news:be6990$j6i$1
    > austar-news.austar.net.au:
    > > May I ask why you are not going for the 10D?
    >
    > - I don't like it.
    > - It doesn't suit my requirements.
    > - The technical improvements that the 10D holds over
    > the D60 do not, in my view, override the reductions
    > in build quality, useability, and ergonomics that
    > have also been applied.
    I am a former D60 owner and I see only improvements in build quality,
    useability and ergonmics... but that is me. :-)

    > - It is very easy to see how they 'shaved' AUD$2300.00
    > of the price of it's predecessor.
    > - I believe I'm on a good thing, and I've decided to
    > stick with it.

    If the D60 works for you stick with it.... for me however the 10D is twice
    the camera that my D60 was, as it has better AF, better exposure, better WB,
    better preview, better noise... etc etc

    Russell Stewart Guest

  3. #3

    Just ignore all those technocrats who would (if they could) convert you to a
    10D.
    I kept my voiglander when they said I should go for one of those new fangled
    SLR thingies. Boy, do I thank them! Just imagine the savings I've made over
    the years by not falling for the capitalist attempts to drag me into the
    present day world.

    Yes... If I were you, I'd just accept the erratic focus, the early attempts
    at micro workmanship which show the (then) stage of the technology. Who
    needs accurate metering anyway, you're a photographer, right?

    You can instantly compensate for the erratic behavior of a fidgety AF,
    constantly seeking the point of focus it can never quite find. Hell man, I
    suppose your 286 PC with Photoshop 1.0 can overcome the 15% of shots that
    are off focus with it's fantastic use of 'unsharp mask'!

    What's this you say? Never had the fidgety lens? Oh.. how silly of me, you
    don't have any APO lenses do you? nah... You probably can't see the value in
    one of them either eh? Don't let the technosbags win, GB. Stick to your
    guns... You might need them if you stuff up a wedding with a D60!

    JT

    > On 5 Jul 2003 17:05:33 +1000, GB <gbsonicresearch.mailme.org> wrote:
    > > I finally got a chance to see (and hold, and try) a
    > > Canon 10D in a shop last weekend. I had, up until then,
    > > been planning to trade-in (or seperate sell, or
    > > whatever) the D60 on a pair of new 10D bodies.
    > >
    > > Having actually seen a 10D in the flesh, I'm now in
    > > the market for a second D60 body to complement the
    > > one I already have.

    Auspics Guest

  4. #4

    it was only a matter of time before Geoffrey got the response he was after

    VH-MR2 Guest

  5. #5

    And you didn't warn me?
    Tut,tut. I rather thought I'd get an outburst. What is predictable response?
    Anything like predictable focuse?

    JT

  6. #6

    "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote in message
    > And you didn't warn me?
    > Tut,tut. I rather thought I'd get an outburst. What is predictable
    response?
    > Anything like predictable focuse?
    I was curious to see what sort of response he'd illicit .. yours was very
    well put together, I most certainly did enjoy reading it ... had me
    chuckling here to myself ;-) Pity his response to you was predicibly
    impolite and lacked the humour of your response.

    Guess he simply wasn't getting the attention he desired over at
    aus.aviation... :-)

    B.

    VH-MR2 Guest

  7. #7

    "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote:
    > Just ignore all those technocrats who would (if they could) convert you to
    > 10D.
    This bit of sarcastic humor brought to you by the same guy who rates the SD9
    over the 10D.

    'nuff said.

    Ken Chandler Guest

  8. #8

    humour

    we're not mercans here ;-)

    "Ken Chandler" <news_remove_.kenchandler.com> wrote in message
    news:3f0786e4$0$31280$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote:
    > > Just ignore all those technocrats who would (if they could) convert you
    > > 10D.
    >
    > This bit of sarcastic humor brought to you by the same guy who rates the
    SD9
    > over the 10D.
    >
    > 'nuff said.

    VH-MR2 Guest

  9. #9

    "VH-MR2" <sickoyouNOTREQUIREDZZZZZwarbirdz.net> wrote:
    > "Ken Chandler" <news_remove_.kenchandler.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > This bit of sarcastic humor brought to you by the same guy
    > > who rates the SD9 over the 10D.
    > >
    > humour
    >
    > we're not mercans here ;-)

    You choose to top post without trimming irrelevant material.

    I'll spell how I like :-P

    Ken Chandler Guest

  10. #10

    Hey Ken...
    I have 2, 10Ds and 1, SD9.
    I think the problems I had with the first 10D justified my belief they were
    bug ridden. The replacement proved me wrong and I subsequently bought a
    second one. That still does not change the fact that I rate the picture
    taking qualities of the Sigma ahead of the Canon.

    JT

    "Ken Chandler" <news_remove_.kenchandler.com> wrote in message
    news:3f0786e4$0$31280$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote:
    > > Just ignore all those technocrats who would (if they could) convert you
    > > 10D.
    >
    > This bit of sarcastic humor brought to you by the same guy who rates the
    SD9
    > over the 10D.
    >
    > 'nuff said.

    Auspics Guest

  11. #11

    "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote:
    > "Ken Chandler" <news_remove_.kenchandler.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > You choose to top post without trimming irrelevant material.
    > >
    > > I'll spell how I like :-P
    > >
    > Interesting attitude you have here Ken.
    > Not by any chance a dole bludger are you?
    > JT
    Funny you should ask Macca.

    Not some half assed clown hiding under multiple identities sprouting of
    about "girls carrying my bags" as a pro-photographer are you?

    Ken Chandler Guest

  12. #12

    You're not getting me on a technicality :-)

    "Ken Chandler" <news_remove_.kenchandler.com> wrote in message
    news:3f0788d4$0$31276$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...

    > You choose to top post without trimming irrelevant material.
    >
    > I'll spell how I like :-P

    VH-MR2 Guest

  13. #13

    "VH-MR2" <sickoyouNOTREQUIREDZZZZZwarbirdz.net> wrote:
    > "Ken Chandler" <news_remove_.kenchandler.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > You choose to top post without trimming irrelevant material.
    > >
    > > I'll spell how I like :-P
    > >
    > You're not getting me on a technicality :-)
    Well, color me suprized :-)

    Ken Chandler Guest

  14. #14

    PLonk!

    "Ken Chandler" <news_remove_.kenchandler.com> wrote in message
    news:3f07b8d1$0$31276$afc38c87news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote:
    > > Hey Ken...
    > > I have 2, 10Ds and 1, SD9.
    > > I think the problems I had with the first 10D justified my belief they
    > were
    > > bug ridden. The replacement proved me wrong and I subsequently bought a
    > > second one. That still does not change the fact that I rate the picture
    > > taking qualities of the Sigma ahead of the Canon.
    > >

    > Bully for you.
    >
    > I know Macca, I read all about your "My 10D takes over 30 seconds to
    review
    > an image". I thought you were full of then.
    >
    > Nothing has changed.

    Auspics Guest

  15. #15

    > "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote in message
    > > PLonk!
    >
    > the sound of someone denying themselves wisdom?

    Debatable.

    Miro Guest

  16. #16

    "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote:
    > I've no idea who "Ken Chandler" is
    I am a no-one. Unlike yourself.
    > but on second thoughts, I will keep his
    > somewhat entertaining posts readable. Even Idiots can often come up with a
    > worthwile idea now and then. Far be it from me to deny myself wisdom...
    > Whatever the source!
    So now I am an unemployed idiot. It seems like you know me.
    > Incidently... FWIW "Ken Chandler"
    > I employ female photographers. They don't carry my bags, they support my
    > business.
    Taking photos of clone PCs and Linux Distros?
    > I'd back them against most of the male photographers I've ever
    > employed too. Unlike many cowboy operators in Australia, I follow to the
    > letter Employee safty guidelines. None of my girls has (or will ever) be
    > asked to carry weight heavier than is defined under the award.
    What award? Do tell me more?

    Ken Chandler Guest

  17. #17

    > You are absolutely right Glen... No point in being a biggot too!
    Who is this Glen of whom you speak? You're not addressing that to me are
    you for my name isn't Glen .....

    VH-MR2 Guest

  18. #18

    Sorry... This thread is getting interesting, isn't it?

    > "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote in message
    > > You are absolutely right Glen... No point in being a biggot too!
    >
    > Who is this Glen of whom you speak? You're not addressing that to me are
    > you for my name isn't Glen .....

    Auspics Guest

  19. #19

    > Sorry... This thread is getting interesting, isn't it?
    What's interesting about someone referring to a person by an incorrect name?
    and by the way .. it's pretty demeaning to refer to female employees as
    'girls'...... lucky for me that you think i'm a boy eh? ;-)

    VH-MR2 Guest

  20. #20

    I like boys too, you know. BTW it's OK to call a female under 21 a 'girl'
    over 21 they are ladies!

    > "Auspics" <justthe.groups> wrote in message
    > > Sorry... This thread is getting interesting, isn't it?
    >
    > What's interesting about someone referring to a person by an incorrect
    name?
    > and by the way .. it's pretty demeaning to refer to female employees as
    > 'girls'...... lucky for me that you think i'm a boy eh? ;-)

    Auspics Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast