Professional Web Applications Themes

Canon Replacement Batteries - Photography

I've read a few posts here asking about replacement batteries for Canon (and other) cameras. Just wanted to let folks know that after searching the web for good deals on them, I just found a great deal. Perhaps someone out there would benefit from hearing what I found. [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras really cheap. I have found other cheap batteries for my G3, namely at Wal-Mart, but the battery I bought there didn't work and I returned it. The one I got a couple days ago from terascout.com was only $16.00 and works better than ...

  1. #1

    Default Canon Replacement Batteries

    I've read a few posts here asking about replacement batteries for
    Canon (and other) cameras.
    Just wanted to let folks know that after searching the web for good
    deals on them, I just found a great deal. Perhaps someone out there
    would benefit from hearing what I found.

    [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    really cheap. I have found other cheap batteries for my G3, namely at
    Wal-Mart, but the battery I bought there didn't work and I returned
    it.

    The one I got a couple days ago from terascout.com was only $16.00 and
    works better than the one that came with the camera. I've actually
    been able to get 7-8 hours of continual use out of it, taking 300 or
    more pictures before it ran out of juice.

    It charges in the same amount of time as the original.

    Perhaps I should tell you that I am in no way connected with
    terascout, and know very little about the company. Just found them on
    the web and thought I'd give them a try.

    At $16, that a big savings compaired to the $50 - $60 most sites are
    charging for an actual "Canon" battery.

    Hope somebody out there finds this helpful.
    Brian Tilley Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Canon Replacement Batteries

    wow!! that's pretty nice!
    so you've had no problems at all with their batteries?
    Are the voltage and etc... requirements the same as specified in the camera?
    I'm just a little worried that those batteries might damage my S230.

    "Brian Tilley" <btilleymetrocast.net> wrote in message
    news:29974812.0307101320.7c1ed6e0posting.google.c om...
    > I've read a few posts here asking about replacement batteries for
    > Canon (and other) cameras.
    > Just wanted to let folks know that after searching the web for good
    > deals on them, I just found a great deal. Perhaps someone out there
    > would benefit from hearing what I found.
    >
    > [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    > really cheap. I have found other cheap batteries for my G3, namely at
    > Wal-Mart, but the battery I bought there didn't work and I returned
    > it.
    >
    > The one I got a couple days ago from terascout.com was only $16.00 and
    > works better than the one that came with the camera. I've actually
    > been able to get 7-8 hours of continual use out of it, taking 300 or
    > more pictures before it ran out of juice.
    >
    > It charges in the same amount of time as the original.
    >
    > Perhaps I should tell you that I am in no way connected with
    > terascout, and know very little about the company. Just found them on
    > the web and thought I'd give them a try.
    >
    > At $16, that a big savings compaired to the $50 - $60 most sites are
    > charging for an actual "Canon" battery.
    >
    > Hope somebody out there finds this helpful.

    J Guest

  3. #3

    "Brian Tilley" <btilleymetrocast.net> wrote in message
    news:29974812.0307101320.7c1ed6e0posting.google.c om...
    > I've read a few posts here asking about replacement batteries for
    > Canon (and other) cameras.
    > Just wanted to let folks know that after searching the web for good
    > deals on them, I just found a great deal. Perhaps someone out there
    > would benefit from hearing what I found.
    >
    > [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    > really cheap. I have found other cheap batteries for my G3, namely at
    > Wal-Mart, but the battery I bought there didn't work and I returned
    > it.
    >
    > The one I got a couple days ago from terascout.com was only $16.00 and
    > works better than the one that came with the camera. I've actually
    > been able to get 7-8 hours of continual use out of it, taking 300 or
    > more pictures before it ran out of juice.
    >
    > It charges in the same amount of time as the original.
    >
    > Perhaps I should tell you that I am in no way connected with
    > terascout, and know very little about the company. Just found them on
    > the web and thought I'd give them a try.
    >
    > At $16, that a big savings compaired to the $50 - $60 most sites are
    > charging for an actual "Canon" battery.
    >
    > Hope somebody out there finds this helpful.
    Only better deal I've found is on Ebay for a 2 pack of 1300mah batteries.
    $28 shipped = $14 each ---- if you need two.

    18 months ago I felt great after finding an ACDelco 1500mah version for $44
    shipped. At the time, I think the Canon 1100mah version sold fo $70 +
    shipping. Nice to see prices continue to drop.

    Don Coon Guest

  4. #4

    "Brian Tilley" <btilleymetrocast.net> wrote in message
    news:29974812.0307101320.7c1ed6e0posting.google.c om...
    > I've read a few posts here asking about replacement batteries for
    > Canon (and other) cameras.
    > Just wanted to let folks know that after searching the web for good
    > deals on them, I just found a great deal. Perhaps someone out there
    > would benefit from hearing what I found.
    >
    > [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    snip...
    Sadly, the company may have wonderful batteries and fantastic prices but
    their web-site skills are, well, questionable. I tried to check them out
    since I'm in the market for a new Canon battery and found that IE6 displayed
    nothing but a blank page. Tried Mozilla with the same result. Tried Netscape
    with the same result. That lead me to actually look at the source which WAS
    present -- just not displaying anything. Discovered that they had commented
    out a line near the beginning of their HTML and failed to terminate it
    properly so that the rest of the page was turning into a comment. I just
    extracted their e-mail address from the site's source code and told them how
    to fix it. Guess we'll see if they stay up late...
    --
    John McGaw
    [Knoxville, TN, USA]

    Return address will not work. Please
    reply in group or through my website:
    [url]http://johnmcgaw.com[/url]

    John McGaw Guest

  5. #5

    "John McGaw" <nowhereall.xyz> writes:
    > > [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    > snip...
    > Sadly, the company may have wonderful batteries and fantastic prices but
    > their web-site skills are, well, questionable. I tried to check them out
    > since I'm in the market for a new Canon battery and found that IE6 displayed
    > nothing but a blank page. Tried Mozilla with the same result. Tried Netscape
    > with the same result. That lead me to actually look at the source which WAS
    > present -- just not displaying anything. Discovered that they had commented
    > out a line near the beginning of their HTML and failed to terminate it
    > properly so that the rest of the page was turning into a comment. I just
    > extracted their e-mail address from the site's source code and told them how
    > to fix it. Guess we'll see if they stay up late...
    Works fine with Netscape 4.78 on Solaris x86 machine ...

    Either Netscape is more robust or they have fixed it.

    Bye, Dragan

    --
    Dragan Cvetkovic,

    Dragan Cvetkovic Guest

  6. #6

    In article <ZEnPa.1149$x%5.295fe03.atl2.webusenet.com>,
    "John McGaw" <nowhereall.xyz> wrote:

    [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    > Sadly, the company may have wonderful batteries and fantastic prices but
    > their web-site skills are, well, questionable. I tried to check them out
    > since I'm in the market for a new Canon battery and found that IE6 displayed
    > nothing but a blank page. Tried Mozilla with the same result. Tried Netscape
    > with the same result. That lead me to actually look at the source which WAS
    > present -- just not displaying anything. Discovered that they had commented
    > out a line near the beginning of their HTML and failed to terminate it
    > properly so that the rest of the page was turning into a comment. I just
    > extracted their e-mail address from the site's source code and told them how
    > to fix it. Guess we'll see if they stay up late...
    Either they fixed it within 10 minutes of receiving your message or
    there is something wrong with your browsers.
    Works fine for me. IE 5.1 Mac.

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

  7. #7

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:24:05 GMT, "Don Coon" <coondw_nospamhotmail_dot_.com>
    wrote:

    >"John McGaw" <nowhereall.xyz> wrote in message
    >news:ZEnPa.1149$x%5.295fe03.atl2.webusenet.com.. .
    >> "Brian Tilley" <btilleymetrocast.net> wrote in message
    >> news:29974812.0307101320.7c1ed6e0posting.google.c om...
    >> > I've read a few posts here asking about replacement batteries for
    >> > Canon (and other) cameras.
    >> > Just wanted to let folks know that after searching the web for good
    >> > deals on them, I just found a great deal. Perhaps someone out there
    >> > would benefit from hearing what I found.
    >> >
    >> > [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    >> snip...
    >> Sadly, the company may have wonderful batteries and fantastic prices but
    >> their web-site skills are, well, questionable. I tried to check them out
    >> since I'm in the market for a new Canon battery and found that IE6
    >displayed
    >> nothing but a blank page. Tried Mozilla with the same result. Tried
    >Netscape
    >> with the same result. That lead me to actually look at the source which
    >WAS
    >> present -- just not displaying anything. Discovered that they had
    >commented
    >> out a line near the beginning of their HTML and failed to terminate it
    >> properly so that the rest of the page was turning into a comment. I just
    >> extracted their e-mail address from the site's source code and told them
    >how
    >> to fix it. Guess we'll see if they stay up late...
    >> --
    >> John McGaw
    >> [Knoxville, TN, USA]
    >>
    >> Return address will not work. Please
    >> reply in group or through my website:
    >> [url]http://johnmcgaw.com[/url]
    >
    >Works fine in IE6 for me........

    Still just a blank page this a.m. in IE6

    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac Guest

  8. #8

    "Don Coon" <coondw_nospamhotmail_dot_.com> wrote in message news:<9dpPa.27237$wk6.6651rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.n et>...
    > "John McGaw" <nowhereall.xyz> wrote in message
    > > "Brian Tilley" <btilleymetrocast.net> wrote in message
    > > news:29974812.0307101320.7c1ed6e0posting.google.c om...
    > > > I've read a few posts here asking about replacement batteries for
    > > > Canon (and other) cameras.
    > > > Just wanted to let folks know that after searching the web for good
    > > > deals on them, I just found a great deal. Perhaps someone out there
    > > > would benefit from hearing what I found.
    > > >
    > > > [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    > > snip...
    > > Sadly, the company may have wonderful batteries and fantastic prices but
    > > their web-site skills are, well, questionable. I tried to check them out
    > > since I'm in the market for a new Canon battery and found that IE6
    > displayed
    > > nothing but a blank page. Tried Mozilla with the same result. Tried
    > Netscape
    > > with the same result. That lead me to actually look at the source which
    > WAS
    > > present -- just not displaying anything. Discovered that they had
    > commented
    > > out a line near the beginning of their HTML and failed to terminate it
    > > properly so that the rest of the page was turning into a comment. I just
    > > extracted their e-mail address from the site's source code and told them
    > how
    > > to fix it. Guess we'll see if they stay up late...
    > > --
    > > John McGaw
    > > [Knoxville, TN, USA]
    > >
    > > Return address will not work. Please
    > > reply in group or through my website:
    > > [url]http://johnmcgaw.com[/url]
    >
    > Works fine in IE6 for me........
    Yesterday I recieved email from the owner of the terascout.com site.
    He told me the site was off-line for a few days because they "were
    moving" whatever that means. Maybe moving to another server or ISP.

    Someone asked about the details of the battery I purchased from them
    for my Canon G3. It is 7.4 volts, 1250mAh. The original is 1100mAh.
    Maybe that 150mAh is the reason I get so much more life out of a
    charge.
    Brian Tilley Guest

  9. #9

    "Dragan Cvetkovic" <d1r2a3g4a5n.NOSPAMSPAM.t6h7t.net> wrote in message
    snip..

    > Works fine with Netscape 4.78 on Solaris x86 machine ...
    >
    > Either Netscape is more robust or they have fixed it.
    >
    > Bye, Dragan
    >
    > --
    > Dragan Cvetkovic,
    >
    > To be or not to be is true. G. Boole No it isn't. L. E. J. Brouwer
    No, not actually "more robust". Netscape 4.nn simply ignores and/or
    misinterprets many standards set out by W3C -- the reason that it is the
    bane of web authors. In fairness, there never has been ANY browser that got
    everything right which is not surprising since the standards are pretty
    obscure in some instances, if not self-contradicting.

  10. #10

    Default They've Fixed The Comment Glitch At Their Website

    "John McGaw" <nowhereall.xyz> wrote in message
    > "Brian Tilley" <btilleymetrocast.net> wrote in message
    > news:29974812.0307101320.7c1ed6e0posting.google.c om...
    > > I've read a few posts here asking about replacement batteries for
    > > Canon (and other) cameras.
    > > Just wanted to let folks know that after searching the web for good
    > > deals on them, I just found a great deal. Perhaps someone out there
    > > would benefit from hearing what I found.
    > >
    > > [url]www.terascout.com[/url] is selling batteries for Canon and other cameras
    > snip...
    > Sadly, the company may have wonderful batteries and fantastic prices but
    > their web-site skills are, well, questionable. I tried to check them out
    > since I'm in the market for a new Canon battery and found that IE6
    displayed
    > nothing but a blank page. Tried Mozilla with the same result. Tried
    Netscape
    > with the same result. That lead me to actually look at the source which
    WAS
    > present -- just not displaying anything. Discovered that they had
    commented
    > out a line near the beginning of their HTML and failed to terminate it
    > properly so that the rest of the page was turning into a comment. I just
    > extracted their e-mail address from the site's source code and told them
    how
    > to fix it. Guess we'll see if they stay up late...
    > --
    > John McGaw
    > [Knoxville, TN, USA]
    >
    > Return address will not work. Please
    > reply in group or through my website:
    > [url]http://johnmcgaw.com[/url]

    I just got an e-mail message from the website operator saying that they had
    fixed the problem which I had pointed out. I confirmed that it does now work
    with my various browsers. Looks like they DO have some pretty attractive
    prices.

  11. #11

    John McGaw <nowhereall.xyz> wrote:
    >No, not actually "more robust". Netscape 4.nn simply ignores and/or
    >misinterprets many standards set out by W3C -- the reason that it is the
    >bane of web authors. In fairness, there never has been ANY browser that got
    I always thought that was IE's role - accepting spacing, ignoring case,
    pretty much allowing all sorts of stupidity by the authors.
    --
    Jason O'Rourke [url]www.jor.com[/url]
    Jason O'Rourke Guest

  12. #12

    that was me!
    so is it still the same volts as your original?

    news:29974812.0307110439.3807ea11posting.google.c om...

    J Guest

  13. #13

    ahh, nice!
    yeah, the original battery is only 850mAh, the one from terascout is 950mAh.
    I'm thinking of buying one....just worried about the custom fees/taxes for
    sending to Canada.

    "Brian Tilley" <btilleymetrocast.net> wrote in message
    news:29974812.0307111827.5671854cposting.google.c om...
    news:<0%EPa.22796$Pe2.728677wagner.videotron.net> ...

    J Guest

  14. #14

    J wrote:

    > ahh, nice!
    > yeah, the original battery is only 850mAh, the one from terascout is 950mAh.
    > I'm thinking of buying one....just worried about the custom fees/taxes for
    > sending to Canada.

    Uhm,

    You must be mixing up two different batteries, because the original poster was
    speaking about a 7.4 V, 1250 mAh instead of 1100 mAh battery.

    See below.

    > > Yes,
    > >
    > > Both are 7.4 volts.
    > >
    > > I'm amazed at how much longer this battery keeps a charge.

    --
    Abrasha
    [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]

  15. #15

    *oops*
    sorry, was talking about the S230 battery in comparison thinking about the
    G3 one...it was early in the morning, lol.
    thanks!

    "Abrasha" <abrashaabrasha.com> wrote in message
    > J wrote:
    > >
    > > ahh, nice!
    > > yeah, the original battery is only 850mAh, the one from terascout is
    950mAh.
    > > I'm thinking of buying one....just worried about the custom fees/taxes
    for
    > > sending to Canada.
    > >

    > Uhm,
    >
    > You must be mixing up two different batteries, because the original poster
    was
    > speaking about a 7.4 V, 1250 mAh instead of 1100 mAh battery.
    >
    > See below.

    > > > Yes,
    > > >
    > > > Both are 7.4 volts.
    > > >
    > > > I'm amazed at how much longer this battery keeps a charge.
    >

    > --
    > Abrasha
    > [url]http://www.abrasha.com[/url]

    J Guest