Professional Web Applications Themes

cant find button - Macromedia Flash Player

I get to the download page foradobe flash player and i cant see the download button. i think the black box at the top is covering it. can someone pleasseeee help me....

  1. #1

    Default cant find button

    I get to the download page foradobe flash player and i cant see the download button. i think the black box at the top is covering it. can someone pleasseeee help me.
    waefjdbasgdfasg Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: cant find button

    If you?re using Windows IE, you may want to check your Internet Setting and
    make sure that they are appropriately configured. I was able to reproduce the
    issue you describe by disabling Active Scripting in Internet Explorer.

    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Choose Tools > Internet Options.
    3. Select the Security tab.
    4. Choose Internet.
    5. Click Custom Level.
    6. Ensure that Active Scripting is set to Prompt.
    7. Ensure that the Download Signed ActiveX Controls option is set to Prompt.
    8. Ensure that the Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins option is set to Prompt.

    If you are having trouble installing, make sure that your Internet Explorer
    security level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow
    viewing of ActiveX controls.

    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    [q]Originally posted by: Darren McNally - Adobe
    If you?re using Windows IE, you may want to check your Internet Setting and
    make sure that they are appropriately configured. I was able to reproduce the
    issue you describe by disabling Active Scripting in Internet Explorer.

    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Choose Tools > Internet Options.
    3. Select the Security tab.
    4. Choose Internet.
    5. Click Custom Level.
    6. Ensure that Active Scripting is set to Prompt.
    7. Ensure that the Download Signed ActiveX Controls option is set to Prompt.
    8. Ensure that the Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins option is set to Prompt.

    If you are having trouble installing, make sure that your Internet Explorer
    security level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow
    viewing of ActiveX controls.
    [/q]

    I TRIED ALL OF THAT BUT THERE IS STILL A black BOX SAYING, "Adobe Flash Player
    Download Center
    Windows", covering the button.

    dgssgf Guest

  4. #4

    I?m going to assume that this is Windows Vista?

    Are you able to upload a screenshot of the URL in question?

    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    In addition, a screenshot of the following URL would be helpful:

    http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/

    If needed open a support case here:

    http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    Darren Guest

  5. #5

    [q]Originally posted by: waefjdbasgdfasg
    I get to the download page foradobe flash player and i cant see the download
    button. i think the black box at the top is covering it. can someone pleasseeee
    help me.[/q]

    Please try the following:

    Note: This fix is only if you are unable to see the Install Flash Player
    button on IE.

    Disclaimer: This procedure involves editing the Windows registry. Adobe
    doesn't support editing the registry, which contains critical system and
    application information. For information on the Windows Registry Editor, see
    the doentation for Windows or contact Microsoft Technical Support.

    Manually register the jscript.dll file.
    On Windows Vista32:

    1. Choose Start > All Programs > Accessories.
    2. Right-click the Command icon, choose Run As Administrator, and
    authenticate.
    3. Navigate to Windows\System32.
    4. At the prompt, type regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter.
    5. When a dialog box with the message "DllRegisterServer in jscript.dll
    succeeded" appears, click OK.

    Darren Guest