change this - to this -
and this - to this -
and see if that helps. -- Murray --- ICQ 71997575 Adobe Community Expert (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!) ================== http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources ================== "brettjohn" wrote in message news:ft41e8$jik$macromedia.com...[ref] > Hi there, I'm very new to dreamweaver and am using mx 2004. I am designing > a > site using HTML and am trying to center my layout. I was told to do this > properly using css but i have no idea how. Could someone please provide me > with > the coding i would need to do so and advise me where and how to insert > this > code...This would be great!! > > Also if i center my layout using CSS does this mean the layers will stay > centered also? at the moment are not locked in position once i preview in > a > browser they seem to change page position when I restore or maximize the > page. > > Please Help!!! :confused; >[/ref] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Murray [ip] => forums@HAHAgrea [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> centering layout - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

centering layout - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hi there, I'm very new to dreamweaver and am using mx 2004. I am designing a site using HTML and am trying to center my layout. I was told to do this properly using css but i have no idea how. Could someone please provide me with the coding i would need to do so and advise me where and how to insert this code...This would be great!! Also if i center my layout using CSS does this mean the layers will stay centered also? at the moment are not locked in position once i preview in a browser they ...

Default centering layout

Hi there, I'm very new to dreamweaver and am using mx 2004. I am designing a
    site using HTML and am trying to center my layout. I was told to do this
    properly using css but i have no idea how. Could someone please provide me with
    the coding i would need to do so and advise me where and how to insert this
    code...This would be great!!

Also if i center my layout using CSS does this mean the layers will stay
    centered also? at the moment are not locked in position once i preview in a
    browser they seem to change page position when I restore or maximize the page.

Please Help!!! :confused;

brettjohn Guest

Default Re: centering layout

It depends on whether you are using absolute positioning on the page, as to
    which method might be best, but in either event, this will work -

Change this -

</head>

to this -

<style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body { text-align:center; }
    #wrapper { text-align:left; width:760px; margin:0 auto;position:relative; }
    /* 760px will display on an 800px screen maximized browser window without */
    /* horizontal scrollbars. */
    -->
    </style>
    </head>

change this -

<body ...>

to this -

<body ...>
    <div id="wrapper">

and this -

</body>

to this -

<!-- /wrapper -->
    </div>
    </body>

and see if that helps.

--
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert
    (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    ==================
    http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    ==================

"brettjohn" <com> wrote in message
    news:ft41e8$jik$macromedia.com... 

Murray Guest

I had this problem as well a few weeks back.... as Murray said it's a really
    easy solution. Not to sure how correct the way I figured it out with is but it
    works fine. Make sure the following is in the body tags.

<body>
    <style type="text/css">
    #wrapper{width:800px; margin:0 auto; border:0px solid red;}

</style>

<div id="wrapper">

- YOUR SITE CONTENT -

</div>

</body>

Hope that helps

Dave

davidmera Guest

Looks pretty correct to me. It will not center in IE5x like this, however.
    You would need to add this rule to your CSS -

body { text-align:center; }

and adjust the wrapper rule like this -

#wrapper { width:800px; margin:0 auto; border:0px solid red;
    text-align:left; }

for it to work in that browser as well.

--
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert
    (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    ==================
    http://www.projectseven.com/go - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    http://www.dwfaq.com - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    ==================

"davidmera" <com> wrote in message
    news:ftdc53$8o$macromedia.com... 

Murray Guest