Professional Web Applications Themes

centering text within a table in Contribute - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I'm using Contribute on a PC doing testing for a professor's website. Per my suggestion, the professor purchased Contribute to edit his pages. Pages are using a table to format the page. [url]http://www.iun.edu/~edupjb/teaching/E340/course_description.shtml[/url] Within a table Contribute will not let us center text. Since a cell is used to put the main content, we cannot center the cell. If another table is added inside the cell, even if we try to use cell properties, which we can change to center, the text inside the table does not center. The align icons can not be selected. Any ideas?...

  1. #1

    Default centering text within a table in Contribute

    I'm using Contribute on a PC doing testing for a professor's website. Per my
    suggestion, the professor purchased Contribute to edit his pages. Pages are
    using a table to format the page.

    [url]http://www.iun.edu/~edupjb/teaching/E340/course_description.shtml[/url]

    Within a table Contribute will not let us center text. Since a cell is used
    to put the main content, we cannot center the cell. If another table is added
    inside the cell, even if we try to use cell properties, which we can change to
    center, the text inside the table does not center. The align icons can not be
    selected.

    Any ideas?

    khorvath Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: centering text within a table in Contribute

    I looked at your CSS-files and I suggest you use CSS: you can give the table an ID with the required settings, or give the table (td, tr, th) tags the required settings.
    ThinkInk Guest

  3. #3

    With the design of the pages, the right area is where the content is located
    which is in one cell. Centering one or a few lines within the content area is
    not working within Contribute. The whole content area is not wanted to be
    centered just specified lines within the td. Centering in DreamWeaver or
    Microsoft Front Page are inside a td is possible. Contribute is not letting us
    center if trying to do so from within a table.

    Thank you for your suggestion. I'll have to try doing it through css. Since
    Dreamweaver and Front Page can center within a table, I don't like having a css
    definition for something should be cared for in the program. It would be a
    class of Center, which the program should be able to center We have about less
    than 10 people using contribute and others mostly using Front Page or
    Dreamweaver. I'll keep testing.

    Could this be a bug in Contribute?

    khorvath Guest