Professional Web Applications Themes

CF Developer Edition - Coldfusion Server Administration

Hello All, I've had the CF Developer Edition (6.0) installed on my computer (stand-alone..no other web server present). It used to work just fine with no problems. Now after stepping away from it for awhile, it won't work. I uninstalled it and re-installed it and it still doesn't work. I can get into the Administrator panel but when I try to re-connect my DBs, it gives me a big error that says (java.lang....etc, etc.). I also ran JRUN from the bin directory and used the box that comes up to manually Start the server and still no luck. I don't ...

  1. #1

    Default CF Developer Edition

    Hello All,

    I've had the CF Developer Edition (6.0) installed on my computer
    (stand-alone..no other web server present). It used to work just fine with no
    problems. Now after stepping away from it for awhile, it won't work. I
    uninstalled it and re-installed it and it still doesn't work. I can get into
    the Administrator panel but when I try to re-connect my DBs, it gives me a big
    error that says (java.lang....etc, etc.). I also ran JRUN from the bin
    directory and used the box that comes up to manually Start the server and still
    no luck.

    I don't know what could have happened. Does anyone have any ideas on how to
    fix this?

    Thanks,
    Matt

    fl-webdev Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: CF Developer Edition

    fl-webdev wrote:

    > I've had the CF Developer Edition (6.0) installed on my computer
    > (stand-alone..no other web server present). It used to work just fine with no
    > problems. Now after stepping away from it for awhile, it won't work. I
    > uninstalled it and re-installed it and it still doesn't work. I can get into
    > the Administrator panel but when I try to re-connect my DBs, it gives me a big
    > error that says (java.lang....etc, etc.).
    Which OS?
    Which version of CF?
    What is the error exactly?
    Which database gives the error?
    Which database driver are you using?

    I would recommend consulting
    [url]http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html[/url] on asking
    questions in a way that makes it most likely somebody has an
    answer for you.

    Jochem

    --
    Jochem van Dieten
    Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion, beer and fun.

  3. #3

    Hi Matt,
    It probably makes an awful lot more sense for you to install CFMX 6.1 or CFMX
    7 developer. Either is a big improvement over CFMX 6.0. There are many fixes
    and enhancements in both versions over 6.0. If you continue to have an issue
    connecting to your databases in either of these versions post specifics.

    ksmith Guest

  4. #4

    I'm not sure which version I have. How do I determine that? It's whatever
    came with Macromedia Studio MX.

    This is the error I get on any of the databases I try to use (mine, the ones
    that came with the program):

    Connection verification failed for data source: dbname000
    []java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to
    connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info.
    The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in
    JDBCPool while attempting to connect, please check your username, password,
    URL, and other connectivity info.

    Specs:

    Windows XP Home - SP1
    Trying to currently connect to a MS Access Database

    Like I said, it worked before and then I stepped away from it for a few months
    and now it won't work.

    I also had a problem bringing up the Administrator but I fixed that by editing
    the jrun.xml file.

    I'll download CFMX 7 and see if that changes anything.

    fl-webdev Guest

  5. #5

    I'm having a heck of a time installing the CFMX 7 version of Developer's
    Edition in the multi-server configuration. Followed Tech NOte 18314
    instructions. Finally was successful loading one site (the IIS default) however
    when I tried adding another server, I lost the one site and now my CFAdmin is
    telling me "invalid password". Have even tried editing neo-security.xml
    admin.security.enabled="false" and am still unable to get in. I'm ready to
    uninstall and re-install as a stand-alone.

    Has anyone had success installing the Developer's Edition in the multi-server
    configuration? MM installation support is not supporting the Developer's
    Edition - hmmm, perhaps the multi-server doesn't work in the Developer's
    Edition?

    Looking forward to hearing from others. Thanks.
    Shirley

    skeddy66 Guest

  6. #6

    works fine here...