Someone other than me recently just installed about 50 updates on our
coldfusion server for windows 2003. I was out sick, when I get back all the
lettter generation (rtf's) funtionality on our web apps dont work. Even a
simple create directory throws the following error:

The specified Directory attribute value //Sus-fs/Engineering/99110/test
could not be created.
The most likely cause of this error is that
'//Sus-fs/Engineering/99110/test' already exists on your file system. The
exception occurred during a cfdirectory action="create".

The error occurred in C:\Inetpub\Intranet\99110\logs.cfm: line 24

22 : <cfif not DirectoryExists("#application.doc_root#test")>
23 : <cfdump var="#application.doc_root#">
24 : <cfdirectory action="create" directory="#application.doc_root#test">
25 : </cfif>
26 :

The folder does not exist as it would suggest. I've tried several things and
the only thing that works if if I used the explicit path C:\, which wont work
because the files are stored on another server. Anyone know any known issues or
fixes for this?

Possibly causes I've thought of so far are ".NET Framework 2.0" or "Windows
Rights Managment Client"