Download class roster to scanner [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => rickowen [ip] => rickowen@yahoo. [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> cfcontent -- file opens in browser rather than download - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

cfcontent -- file opens in browser rather than download - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

The following code is supposed to generate a small text file that I want to download to the user's system where another program will load it into a small handheld sanning device. However, instead of prompting the user to save the file, it always just displays it in the browser window. What am I doing wrong? I've tried various combinations of 'type=".../..."' but to no avail. Any help would be very greatly appreciated: Thanks, Rick. <cfset class_code = "#url.c1#" /> <cfset course_code = "#url.c2#" /> <cfset start_date = "#url.c3#" /> <cfset start_time = "#url.c4#" /> <cfset duration = "#url.c5#" /> ...

Sponsored Links

Default cfcontent -- file opens in browser rather than download

The following code is supposed to generate a small text file that I want to
    download to the user's system where another program will load it into a small
    handheld sanning device. However, instead of prompting the user to save the
    file, it always just displays it in the browser window. What am I doing wrong?
    I've tried various combinations of 'type=".../..."' but to no avail. Any help
    would be very greatly appreciated:

Thanks,
    Rick.

<cfset class_code = "#url.c1#" />
    <cfset course_code = "#url.c2#" />
    <cfset start_date = "#url.c3#" />
    <cfset start_time = "#url.c4#" />
    <cfset duration = "#url.c5#" />
    <cfset instr_snum = "#url.c6#" />
    <!--- lock is a preset parameter that indicates no attendees have been
    assigned to the class --->
    <cfset lock = "0">
    <cfset fn='e:\temp\' & class_code & '.txt' />
    <cfoutput>
    <cffile
    action = "write"
    file = "#fn#"
    addNewLine="no"

output="#class_code#,#course_code#,#start_date#,#s tart_time#,#duration#,#instr_s
    num#,#lock#" />
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>Download class roster to scanner</title>
    </head>
    <body>
    <cfheader name="content-disposition"
    value="inline;filename=#class_code#.txt"><cfconten t type="text/text"
    file="#fn#" deleteFile="Yes" />
    </body>
    </html>
    </cfoutput>

Sponsored Links
    rickowen Guest

Default Re: cfcontent -- file opens in browser rather thandownload

Change the cfcontent to an 'unknown' type, you should get a dialog box asking what to do with the file.
    coderWil Guest

cffile writes to the server not to the client machine.

either I'm blind, or your code does not have a cfcontent tag (don't rule out
    the blind part)

Originally posted by: rickowen
    The following code is supposed to generate a small text file that I want to
    download to the user's system where another program will load it into a small
    handheld sanning device. However, instead of prompting the user to save the
    file, it always just displays it in the browser window. What am I doing wrong?
    I've tried various combinations of 'type=".../..."' but to no avail. Any help
    would be very greatly appreciated:

Thanks,
    Rick.

Dan Guest

you could change your <cfheader> tag to attachment instead of inline.

from this:
    <cfheader name="content-disposition" value="inline;filename=#class_code#.txt">

to this:
    <cfheader name="content-disposition"
    value="attachment;filename=#class_code#.txt">

that should force the browser to open a save dialog.

Kronin555 Guest

Ahh! the "attachment" did the trick! Thanks to all that responded.

Rick.
    rickowen Guest