Professional Web Applications Themes

CFFILE upload error - The process cannot access the filebecause it is being used by another process - Macromedia ColdFusion

I get this error intermitently when trying to upload a file. <cffile action='upload' ... To make sure there was nothing wrong with the file, i tried it with other files. I even checked the permissions on the directories and it has all the right permissions. And strangely the error comes only every other time, but there is no pattern. Here is the error:- 404 C:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\default\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\neotmp13775.tmp (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) C:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\default\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\neotmp13775.tmp (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) I am running CF MX 6.1 ...

  1. #1

    Default CFFILE upload error - The process cannot access the filebecause it is being used by another process

    I get this error intermitently when trying to upload a file. <cffile
    action='upload' ... To make sure there was nothing wrong with the file, i
    tried it with other files. I even checked the permissions on the directories
    and it has all the right permissions. And strangely the error comes only every
    other time, but there is no pattern. Here is the error:- 404
    C:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\default\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\neotmp13775.tmp
    (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
    process)
    C:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\default\SERVER-INF\temp\wwwroot-tmp\neotmp13775.tmp
    (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another
    process) I am running CF MX 6.1 with the latest update on Windows 2003 server.
    Thanks in advance.

    haresh Guest

  2. #2

    We use this format... maybe it helps?

    <cffile action='upload' destination='#InstalledDirectory##UploadFilePath#' nameconflict='makeunique' filefield='ProtocolFormName'>

    Steve-
    Steve-DDOTS Guest

  3. #3

    You should be locking the call also. Sound more like you don't have the
    correct upload path or it is not getting defined properly. If you are uploading
    it, and then turning around and reading the file info, or such, make sure you
    are reading the 'serverfile' , or it will return the temp name.

    Abinidi Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Steve-DDOTS / Abinidi, As explained originally, that i am able to upload
    files successfully some times, but not always. If the path was incorrect, then
    it would have never uploaded. So that rules out the incorrect path. And i am
    reading the serverfile, but that happens only after the upload, which does not
    happen in some cases and instead comes up with the error. I call a custom tag
    which has the following code: - <cffile action='upload'
    filefield='#Attributes.filefield#' nameconflict='MakeUnique'
    destination='#Attributes.dir_name#' attributes='normal'> <cfset
    Caller.sever_file = cffile.ServerFile> I have done this with many previous
    versions and this is the only instance i am facing a problem with. And since
    this is intermittent, hence it is very difficult to identify the problem.
    Thanks in advance

    haresh Guest

  5. #5

    Please forgive that I have no solution to your problem, but I am having a
    CFFILE upload problem myself. I was just testing out the code that comes on the
    CD of the CFMX Web Application Construction Kit, and I can upload a file
    successfully to my test server, but not to the Production Server. I am still
    running CF MX 6.0 and Windows Advanced Server, and my test server is running on
    my Windows XP workstation. The action page executes and tells me that the
    file upload was successful, but the key that reports whether the file was saved
    or not.....says, NO the file was not saved. And it has not been. On the test
    server, it reports YES, and does save the file into the proper directory. The
    other weird thing is that in both cases it reports the Content SubType as
    pjpeg......don't know where it's picking up that. Also, if I add the
    attribute of ACCEPT='image/jpg' It won't process the upload at all, and tells
    me that 'The MIME type of the uploaded file 'image/pjpeg' was not accepted by
    the server.' .....very strange. Nowhere in my code does it say 'pjpeg.' Can
    anyone help me with either instance? I really appreciate anything anyone can
    suggest. WCW

    Willow315 Guest

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    haresh Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    Haresh: Thank you so much for your thoughtful answer. I have made sure that
    all the items on your listed were taken into consideration. And still it will
    not Save the File. All other info about the file and its path and type are
    correct, except that the Content SubType continues to show as pjpeg, which is
    normally associated with a .jfif file, not a .jpg file. AND, most importantly,
    since I don't care what they call it, the answer to 'Was the File Saved,' is
    NO. I have tried every configuration I can think of, and I have definately
    removed the ACCEPT attribute, as suggested. It keeps telling me that the upload
    was successfull! But that the file was not saved, and voila, the folder is
    indeed empty, when I go to check. I am at a loss, at this point. Any other
    suggestions? Thanks so much for your response! Willow

    Willow315 Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Willow315, Few other pointers:- 1) try uploading another type of file
    (such a simple text file) 2) make sure that the file is not locked, while you
    are trying to upload 3) make sure you have applied the latest Coldfusion
    updater Hope that helps.

    haresh Guest

  9. #9

    Thanks Haresh: I've tried everything except upgrading to the latest version
    on this server. I'm building a new server running Windows 2003, and IIS 6, with
    CF MX 6.1, but I was hoping to save upgrading before I switched over. Maybe
    I'll have to go ahead and do that. But I've checked all else, and still no
    luck. Thank you so much for your help....all sound suggestions, for sure.
    Regards, Willow

    Willow315 Guest

  10. #10

    Default Re: CFFILE upload error - The process cannot access the filebecause it is being used

    Within the ColdFusion Administrator, uncheck "Maintain database connections" in the ODBC Data Source.
    AtlantisNet Guest