Professional Web Applications Themes

CFLDAP - Coldfusion - Getting Started

Hi, I've never used this tag before and its causing me some problems. (see attached code) Regarding the start attribute what does 'cn' and 'c' mean? I also get this following error when I execute the code, can anybody help? Thanks in advance ----------- An error has occured while trying to execute query :[LDAP: error code 1 - 000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-03100684, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 0 ]. One or more of the required attributes may be missing/incorrect or you do not have permissions to execute this operation on the server ------------...

  1. #1

    Default CFLDAP

    -----------
    An error has occured while trying to execute query :[LDAP: error code 1 -
    000020D6: SvcErr: DSID-03100684, problem 5012 (DIR_ERROR), data 0 ].
    One or more of the required attributes may be missing/incorrect or you do not
    have permissions to execute this operation on the server
    ------------

    Mattastic Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: CFLDAP

    cn = "common name"
    c = "company"

    Try this page for more help with this tag.

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/server_archive/articles/integrating_cf_apps_w_m[/url]
    s_active_directory.html

    Thanks.

    Chris

    cgsj_usa@yahoo.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    Thanks for the reply.

    I'm still really stuck with this though.

    I have alist of all the user objects
    [url]http://forum.tools4ever.com/viewtopic.php?t=159[/url] but do you know how I can
    access them and use them in the start attribute?

    Thanks again

    Mattastic Guest

  4. #4

    What are you trying to do? Thanks.
    cgsj_usa@yahoo.com Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Chris,

    I'm just trying to authenticate users using the active directory groups. At the moment I have some ASP which does this but its not great and I would like CF to do this.

    Thanks

    Mattastic Guest

  6. #6

    Check out this page.

    [url]http://www.sitemount.com/downloads/docs/coldfusion/cfmx61_htmldocs/appsec30.htm[/url]

    Thanks.
    cgsj_usa@yahoo.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hi,

    Thanks for that, the current directory structure is like this:

    dc - uk > dc - ac > dc - Halesowen > ou - users > cn - fred bloggs

    Do you know how I can get the details for fred bloggs?

    The current tag I'm using is below, I'm not getting any errors anymore, I just
    get a blank page:

    <CFLDAP
    SERVER="x.x.ac.uk"
    ACTION="query"
    NAME="auth"
    ATTRIBUTES="cn,ou,dc"
    start="ou=users,dc=halesowen">

    <CFOUTPUT QUERY="auth">
    #auth.cn#
    </cfoutput>

    Mattastic Guest

  8. #8

    Try the code below:

    <cfldap action="query"
    name="auth"
    start="cn=users,dc=Halesowen ,dc=ac,dc=uk" attributes="title, cn,
    proxyAddresses, mail, department, samAccountName, objectclass"
    filter="objectclass=users"
    sort = "department"
    "SERVER="x.x.ac.uk"
    port="389" username="..." password="..." sortcontrol="asc" />
    <cfdump var = "#auth#" />

    Thanks.

    Chris

    cgsj_usa@yahoo.com Guest

  9. #9

    Hi again Chris,

    Thanks for your help but I still get no results.

    Thanks again
    Mattastic Guest

  10. #10

    I don't know what else to tell ya. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Thanks.
    cgsj_usa@yahoo.com Guest

  11. #11

    Hi,

    Can anybody else help with this?

    I have ASP that can do it,
    LDAP://194.36.152.251/ou=users,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk

    I just cant seem to get CF working

    Im desperate to find a solution.

    Thanks in advance

    Mattastic Guest

  12. #12

    Not sure if you've tried this or not, but duplicating your LDAP line that you
    list in the post above:

    <CFLDAP
    SERVER="x.x.ac.uk"
    ACTION="query"
    NAME="auth"
    ATTRIBUTES="cn,ou,dc"
    start="ou=users,dc=halesowen,dc=ac,dc=uk">

    Kronin555 Guest

  13. #13

    Thanks for all your help

    I've got this working now, I jus took out cn=users in the start attribute and
    it works.

    I'm getting empty strings for cn and ou though, has anybody got any ideas?

    Thanks again

    Mattastic Guest

  14. #14

    Hi,

    I've eventually got this working but for the 'memberof ' atribute I'm getting
    a large list (see below)

    Is there anyway I can get each individual group within cfldap?

    CN=WEBMODS,OU=Intranet Groups,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk,
    CN=LESSON_OBS,OU=Intranet Groups,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk,
    CN=STAFF_GROUP,OU=Intranet Groups,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk,
    CN=webtest,CN=Users,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk, CN=Account
    Operators,CN=Builtin,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk,
    CN=Administrators,CN=Builtin,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC =uk, CN=web
    updaters,CN=Users,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk,
    CN=webmaster,CN=Users,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk, CN=Domain
    Admins,CN=Users,DC=halesowen,DC=ac,DC=uk

    Mattastic Guest

  15. #15

    so here is a snip of my code its really simple.

    <cfldap action="modify" dn="uid=#Trim(user)#,ou=users,dc=******,dc=*****"
    attributes="userpassword=#MD5hash#"
    server="*******" port="389"
    username="cn=root,ou=services,dc=Clarku,dc=edu" password="******"
    modifytype="replace">

    now clearly i have *'ed out important stuff. i assure you it is filled in
    correctly. i am binding to the master ldap server, and attempting to change
    passwords on request, i have hashed the password in md5, and all that jazz
    already. its the simple matter of binding that is throwing this off course...

    we have an install of coldfusion 5 on the server this runs on, and it gets
    'protocol error" in the cfldap tag...on a coldfusion mx server this works
    fine...

    DOES anyone have any idea why this is? or have a work around idea... (i would
    rather all pages be hosted locally due to sensitive passwords being sent
    between servers, understanding that there are measures to take to to minimize
    risks it is just not an option)

    thanks for any help in advance

    nakedavenger Guest

  16. #16

    I had the same problem until i find out it was the way my AD was created and rules and policies of the network
    talk to your Network guy and check the AD settings

    jorgepino Guest

  17. #17

    ya, the acl's on the openLDAP server are correct, and they are set to allow
    binding.

    esp. since i am binding to it with the rootDN (domain admin in windows talk)

    i am confident thats not the issue as it works from another machine in the
    same vlan.

    nakedavenger Guest

  18. #18

    I can retrieve everything but the userCertificate. I want to retrieve for the
    only people who have the Certificate but don't know what the expression for
    filter.

    <cfldap action="QUERY"
    name="List"

    attributes="ou,cn,p,o,s,g,c,st,l,EmployeeNumber,Ob jectClass,mail,info,manager,an
    r,commonName,IPPhone,manager,otherFacsimileTelepho neNumber,otherMailbox,otherPag
    er,reports,surname,userCertificate,userCertificate ,userSMIMECertificate,userSMIM
    ECertificate,groupOfNames,dnattr,dn,UID,SUP,owner, person,account,member,sn"
    start="C=US"
    scope="SUBTREE"
    maxrows="999"
    filter="ObjectClass=GroupOfNames"