Hi all,

I'm trying to authenticate a user with Active Directory.
I want to use the CFLDAP tag.

I got this example from the Macromedia website :
------------
<cftry>
<cfldap action="QUERY"
name="auth"
attributes="cn"
start = "cn=sauron,dc=pci,dc=server"
server="192.8.210.5"
username="mywindowsusername"
password="mywindowspassword">
<cfset isAuthenticated="yes">
<cfcatch type="ANY">
<cfset isAuthenticated="no">
</cfcatch>
</cftry>

<cfoutput>#isAuthenticated#</cfoutput>
------------

The ip-address of the LDAP server is : 192.8.210.5
When I ping to that address from the command promt like : ping -a
192.8.210.5
I get the servername back like : sauron.pci.server

In the example above I have for the attribute start : start =
"cn=sauron,dc=pci,dc=server" is this correct?
I don't really understand this attribute.

When I fill in my windows logon username/password and run the page, I get
isAuthenticated=no.
What Aam I doing wrong??

I'm running Coldfusion MX 7 on my localmachine.
Could a firewall be the problem? I dont think so because I can logon to the
network with my username/password.

Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!!

--