Hi All.

We're running CFMX 6,1,0,hf53797_61 on Red Hat 7.3.

We've had problems in the past with the CF scheduler where the scheduler seems
to get ed up if we edit an existing task. Since then, we've always removed
and re-added a task when they needed to be changed.

Over the last few weeks, our server has gone down two or three times a day,
very unresponsive. Using a Java stack trace, we noticed that scheduled tasks
that ought to run at night are running through the day during our busy periods.
We freaked and removed the tasks, and all was well for awhile.

This morning, we added the tasks back into CF Administrator. We regularily
checked scheduler.log for hours, noting that none of the large nightly tasks
were running, as expected. By the time the afternoon rolled around, the server
ground to a halt and we started to notice that tasks that were NOT scheduled to
run in the afternoon were indeed running.

Sample task settings:
Task Name: LDAP Import
Start Date: Sept 29, 2005
Frequency: (x) Daily every Hours: 0 Minutes: 15 Seconds: 0
Start Time: 6:00 PM End Time: 11:59 PM
Other options blank/unchecked

The scheduler.log file shows entries like:
"Information","scheduler-0","09/29/05","15:00:07",,"[LDAP Import] Rescheduling
for :Thu Sep 29 15:15:00 PDT 2005 Now: Thu Sep 29 15:00:07 PDT 2005"
Even though we clearly set the task to run between 6:00pm and midnight.

Is anyone else seeing this type of behavior? Are there server settings that I
can tweak or review? Could timezones somehow come into play here?

Thanks,

Tony