We have been experiencing a number of issues related to CFMX 6's mail handling.
Several applications have experienced issues with mail messages being delayed
and taking up to 4 hours to leave the mail server. Additionally, we're having
some recipients getting 3 or 4 copies of a message sent only once.

To narrow down this problem we have tried using both the localhost SMTP server
and an external SMTP server, but we encounter this problem with both. In the
case of the duplicate emails, ColdFusion logs only indicate the message being
sent once.

Unfortunately, an upgrade to MX 6.1 or 7 isn't in the cards for the near
future. Does anyone have any suggestions on resolving this problem or narrowing
it down further?