Professional Web Applications Themes

CFMX7 & Castell Faxpress - Coldfusion - Advanced Techniques

Has anybody had any luck with either Dreamweaver MX '04, CFMX 6.1, or CFMX 7 and Castelle Faxpress web services? Here's my environment: Faxpress Premier server (appliance with fax services and admin/queue managment through webservices) Two 2k3 servers, one running CFMX6.1, the other running CFMX7 The Faxpress server utilizes IIS and a 'telco' distro of windows 2000, and configures the default site with a directory for soap listening. I've tried to use the default WSDL files and both versions of CF throw the error 'Invalid Web Service'...I've checked and double-checked the location, can view it in a browser, etc. however ...

  1. #1

    Default CFMX7 & Castell Faxpress

    Has anybody had any luck with either Dreamweaver MX '04, CFMX 6.1, or CFMX 7
    and Castelle Faxpress web services? Here's my environment: Faxpress Premier
    server (appliance with fax services and admin/queue managment through
    webservices) Two 2k3 servers, one running CFMX6.1, the other running CFMX7 The
    Faxpress server utilizes IIS and a 'telco' distro of windows 2000, and
    configures the default site with a directory for soap listening. I've tried to
    use the default WSDL files and both versions of CF throw the error 'Invalid Web
    Service'...I've checked and double-checked the location, can view it in a
    browser, etc. however I can't seem to register this service using the CF admin
    or dreamweaver's utilities. I have not tried to invoke it using cfinvoke, but
    was curious if anyone has had experience with web services that are obviousy
    'in place' but are not responding... Thanks for any comments!!!

    ChrisAmaro Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: CFMX7 & Castell Faxpress

    Does it tell you to check the WSDL in a browser? If it does, then it sounds
    like you are not putting in a correct URL to the WSDL of the service.

    --
    Tom Jordahl
    Macromedia Server Development

    Tom Jordahl Guest

  3. #3

    Yeah and that's what is bugging the crap out of me. It's the same url that I
    use when viewing it in a browser... This is the error I get when using
    cfinvoke: Could not generate stub objects for web service invocation. Name:
    [url]https://192.168.0.8/soaplisten/faxpressqm/faxpressqm.wsdl[/url]. WSDL:
    [url]https://192.168.0.8/soaplisten/faxpressqm/faxpressqm.wsdl[/url].
    javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated It is
    recommended that you use a web browser to retrieve and examine the requested
    WSDL doent for correctness. If the requested WSDL doent can't be
    retrieved or it is dynamically generated, it is likely that the target web
    service has programming errors. I may just be an idiot when it comes to this
    stuff but I have webservices running for a number of other third party vendors
    including UPS and Verisign, so I'm not sure what's going on...

    ChrisAmaro Guest

  4. #4

    Looks like SSL issue.
    Mr Black Guest

  5. #5

    do you think it's an issue between the two servers and the certificates on each?
    ChrisAmaro Guest

  6. #6

    > do you think it's an issue between the two servers and the certificates on
    each?

    Yes, it sure is. Have you configured the ColdFusion JVM keystore with the
    client certificate that the server needs to get at the WSDL?

    Check the tech support KB articles on client certificates.

  7. #7

    Thanks Tom. I was able to come back to this project and resolve the issue by importing the cert from the castelle server to the cfmx 7 server's keystore.
    ChrisAmaro Guest