I'm upgrading from ColdFusion 5 to ColdFusion MX 7 standard edition on a
Windows 2000 server. In the process I also switched from odbc to jdbc
connections to mysql (4.0.21-nt-max-log).

I installed mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar and configured. I also added
Advanced Settings > Connection String > useLocalSessionState=true

However I can not tell that useLocalSessionState=true is being used. Either by
the Settings Summary or by accessing the mysql database.

If I select Settings Summary, the Connection String is not listed with the
JDBC URL as it was when using the built-in MySQL (3.x) jdbc driver.

Here is the Settings Summary for a built-in MySQL (3.x) jdbc data source...

mySQLclipsbi
CF data source name mySQLclipsbi
Description
Driver MySQL
JDBC URL jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/clips?useLocalSessionState=true
Username whatever
Login timeout 30 seconds
Long text buffer size 64000
Timeout 1200 seconds
Maintain connections Yes
Interval 420 seconds
Restricted SQL operations
Disable connections No

Here is the Settings Summary for a mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar jdbc
data source...

mySQLclips
CF data source name mySQLclips
Description
Driver
JDBC URL jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/clips?
Username whatever
Login timeout 30 seconds
Long text buffer size 64000
Timeout 1200 seconds
Maintain connections Yes
Interval 420 seconds
Restricted SQL operations
Disable connections No

FYI, I entered the JDBC URL both with and without the ending "?" both. Neither
seemed to make a difference.

Should the Advanced Settings > Connection String > useLocalSessionState=true
be listed in the Settings Summary JDBC URL for the
mysql-connector-java-3.1.10-bin.jar jdbc data source as it is for the built-in
MySQL (3.x) jdbc data source?

How can I tell if the jdbc connection string useLocalSessionState=true is
being used?

Daniel