Professional Web Applications Themes

Challenge #20 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Nancy (ng), That was unfortunate timing on the hard drive failure, only a few weeks more and you would probably have the new one all set up. And you are getting to know the new one inside out, eh. Cool. A lot better than waiting for the delivery guy to run it back and forth (and maybe dropping it a few times along the way). DSL....before you go to sons wedding....if you get it working you may not be able to drag yourself away from your computer to go:) Glad you are still there, I have missed seeing entries from ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Challenge #20

    Nancy (ng),

    That was unfortunate timing on the hard drive failure, only a few weeks more
    and you would probably have the new one all set up. And you are getting to
    know the new one inside out, eh. Cool. A lot better than waiting for the
    delivery guy to run it back and forth (and maybe dropping it a few times
    along the way).

    DSL....before you go to sons wedding....if you get it working you may not be
    able to drag yourself away from your computer to go:)

    Glad you are still there, I have missed seeing entries from you as well as
    posts here on the forum.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  2. #2

    Goodmorning forum folk ! What great images to wake up to ! Couldn't be on last night...hub needed the presario. Had to take the car to Sears yesterday for tires and allignment so there was a few hours killed. I guess I haven't really come up with 'my best' on this one...too many distractions this weekend ! The last one I did has my spedia sepia layer style along with my spedia cozy layer style ( reduced saturation) and then i put the original underneath which was in color and used a large soft eraser at lowered opacity to erase some areas on the top sepia layer. Wanted you to know that the 'cozy' spedia style looked fantastic on an outdoor image i had that was mostly green....as well as the spedia 'soft meadow' layerstyle. I still love the Spedia kiss though. Glad I was able to share these styles with so many of you. Mailed it out to 37 people so far.
    Pete, glad you used them !...goodmorning

    Grant, boo !
    Jodi Frye Guest

  3. #3

    Jodi,

    Goodmorning to you too! (And to everyone that might be up this fine
    morning).

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  4. #4

    Good Coffee to all of you.. oops! Morning :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  5. #5

    Marilyn, Pete,

    Good morning. Thanks for your comments. That is a pretty isolated place, only reachable by boat. There were hundreds of birds standing on the beach. Pete, it's in your neighborhood: North Captiva.

    Juergen
    JuergenDirrigl Guest

  6. #6

    Juergen,

    I thought that looked familiar. I was thinking maybe the beach at the
    north end of Bowman's. But they are all just great. Hope this weird
    weather pattern gets out of here soon so I can get back to the beach.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  7. #7

    Boo

    Grant Dixon Guest

  8. #8

    Chuck

    Boo who?
    Boo Whom?
    Whom boo who?
    Is this like rap or is it wrap.

    Grant so confused.

    Grant Dixon Guest

  9. #9

    Grant: Boo who (or should that be 'whom'...)?

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  10. #10

    Chuck

    Great sleep in bet at 1:00 am up at 4:00 am. The older I get the less I
    sleep!

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  11. #11

    Chuck,

    How right you are!!
    :)

    Juergen
    JuergenDirrigl Guest

  12. #12

    > Goodmorning forum folk ! ... I guess I haven't really come up with 'my
    best' on this one...

    Good morning Jodi, I feel the same way about mine. I didn't have much free
    time this weekend, almost didn't submit one. Maybe there will be fewer
    "distractions" next week!

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  13. #13

    RobertHJones> (Bob)

    That big fish looked pretty good to me.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  14. #14

    Byron - Thanks for all your kind words

    Susan - bit of a cheat that border, I've got dozens of pre-made and home made ones I can drop onto anything.

    Bob E - It is similar to a method described by Rich C on another thread, here goes:-
    Crop
    Duplicate layer
    Desaturate (CTRL+SHFT+U)
    Duplicate desaturated layer
    Invert (CTRL+I)
    Change blend mode to Colour Dodge
    Now have a white picture. Drop the layer opacity to about 50% and loosely select around the boats etc. Put opacity back to 100% (al white).
    Feather selection 50-150 pixels-ish.

    Now start using filters:
    I used underpainting for inside the selection and rough pastels for outside the selection on my entry 2
    On entry 1, I used gaussian blur, flatten image and copied all, stepped back in history to before the blur and did a Sumi-e brush. Created a new layer and stamped visible (CTRL+SHFT+ALT+E). Created a new layer under that and pasted the 'blur copy'.
    Created a new canvas layer under that, and made a textured canvas. Created a new layer ontop of that and started painting with a stipple brush. Blurred the painting and added a border.
    It sounds jumbled, and it probably was, but I didn't take notes I was playing.

    Paul
    Paul L UK Guest

  15. #15

    Grant, I'm glad you don't have a personal counter on your site...I'd be embarrassed. Every week I look over the pages...over and over and over and.... i'm aware I need help ;)

    Everyone is so gosh darn talented in this group. I have some favorites as i do every week but will refrain from voicing too much....don't want anyone to feel left out as i find genious in every single piece. I'm proud to be a part of this group ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  16. #16

    Hi Guys,

    I just sent my entry. Didn't have much time to work on it so I just sort of threw it together.

    After sending it, I went to check in and see what was new---and to my horror--Weary had stolen my boat in a bottle idea!

    Kidding of course. But just wanted Weary to know that I wasn't copying his/her idea! Plus Weary's is much better than mine. My saving grace is that the background is a photo of my "actual underwater bathroom mural" in my house and the table is something I created out of cardboard tubes and plywood.

    I do enjoy it when people share their methods---Paul, I printed out your tutorial for my tips folder.

    I really like the concept of everyone starting with the same image. I look forward to my improvement and learning from all of you.

    Patty :)
    Patty Clarke Guest

  17. #17

    Jodi,

    Nicely stated. (on the other subject too).

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  18. #18

    Jodi,

    Did I say thank you? Meant to.

    Pete D Guest

  19. #19

    Bob Warren - Thank you for the instructions for making the wave and sea foam. I'll see if I can mimic any of that, but sounds pretty complicated! Now I know why I don't do water very well :) I think I might have to stick with seals holding bottles of pop!

    Marty - Thanks for your comments. My cute little niece grew into a beautiful young woman who still wears dresses but of a different kind--she decided to become a nun, lives in a monastery in Texas, and continues to be just as happy now as she appears in my picture. Her adventures there make my life seem absolutely boring :)

    Marilyn
    Marilyn Lee Guest

  20. #20

    Looks like everybody has been busy this week-end. Haven't had too much time on concentrate on the challenge myself, you know what us Brit's are like:-
    Grab the robes, birch twigs and goats heads and off to the nearest megalith at the drop of a Solstice.

    But not me, had a barby and blew the froth off a few instead ! (I'm sure Susan will translate, if needed)

    Paul
    Paul L UK Guest

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast