Professional Web Applications Themes

Challenge # 27 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi people, oops, I'm not Grant but I'm here to tell you that this week's challenge is now up. Carl Sutherland has produced an image that will sure to stir up your thoughts. Enjoy <http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html> Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and better ideas if our efforts are appreciated. Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)...

  1. #1

    Default Challenge # 27

    Hi people, oops, I'm not Grant but I'm here to tell you that this week's challenge is now up. Carl Sutherland has produced an image that will sure to stir up your thoughts. Enjoy

    <http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html>

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Challenge # 27

    Jodi,

    I believe that the weary land crab's challenge is still on view as the past challenge.

    No doubt an oversight, perhaps as a result of heavy partying ;-)

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  3. #3

    Robert

    It normally stays as is until Friday night (over there, or Saturday morning over here. For Susan, I think it's a week on Wednesday, as I can never figure out how far she is ahead of East coast USA - LOL)

    Paul
    Paul L UK Guest

  4. #4

    Paul,

    Didn't know that. We europeans seem to be part of pacific time which always throws me.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  5. #5

    Friday night US East Coast time = Saturday morning Australian Central time (or thereabouts!). I'm posting this at 8.27 pm on Friday night in Adelaide....
    Susan S
    Susan S. Guest

  6. #6

    I found this

    Forum operations

    03:50pm Aug 8, 2003 Pacific

    Just a heads-up that we are planning scheduled maintenance of the Adobe User to User Forums for next weekend, August 16 and 17, 2003.

    The forums will not be available during the maintenance. They are scheduled to reopen on Monday, August 18, 2003.

    Included in this downtime will be merging the Syntrillium Forums into the Adobe User to User Forums and a new look for the Adobe User to User Forums.

    An announcement will be added to the main Forums page at <http://www.adobe.com/support/forums/main.html> next week when this schedule is finalized.

    Grant deserves a vacation next week.

    What ya think ?
    Jodi Frye Guest

  7. #7

    The Challenge entries are now up.

    Sorry for being tardy but work was a bit hectic today.

    I will be working all this weekend so images will be posted before 5 AM and
    after 6 PM EST unless I am sprung early. In fact I will probably be
    working everyday this month. This will not be a major problem for the
    Challenge with the exception that often ages will not be posted as fast as
    they arrive. While there is a bit extra time pressure it would help if
    people name there images in the fashion that I describe in the Challenge and
    if they keep the size to what is posted in the Challenge.

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  8. #8

    Jodi,
    I just love your image number 2,if you shake it would you see snowfall ?

    Weary
    weary landcrab Guest

  9. #9

    wow ! Busy Beavers today ! Great stuff so far ! Told ya Carl's image was sure to stir up some thought. Amazing array of color and texture ! I like these kinds of challenges.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  10. #10

    Regarding Bob Jones' entry, Right ON! Well said.
    Mark Reibman Guest

  11. #11

    Bob Warren,

    Wild Bill would be proud!! Good one.

    Byron
    Byron Gale Guest

  12. #12

    Byron --
    Thanks! I wondered if anyone would recognize the hand.
    Bob Warren
    Bob E. Warren Guest

  13. #13

    Mark,
    No coincidence,not a whole lot of knowledge either but I am familiar with the basics.

    CR
    Chris Rankin Guest

  14. #14

    Gheeze, I thought this guy in the challenge picture was overweight (fat)
    until I removed all that decor around him. Then he looked like he was
    pretty normal "human" size.

    Well that is the best I can think of so far unless someone gives me some
    inspiration.

    Hey! .... Inspiration! .... Where have you been?

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  15. #15

    Pete, I had this image in my mind... the Dalahi Lama eating Bhuda's cookies
    :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  16. #16

    Carl, thanks for that trip ! Great !
    Robert Jones, your work is quite amazing.
    Marilyn, wow..pro
    Nancy, cool! Great
    Pete, colors are phenominal !
    Paul, way great..as always
    Chris, new look looks good on you
    Ray, way to go baby !
    Bob, another amazing week for you
    Marty my sweetness...tremendous !
    Gary, i'm lovin that cave
    Robert S...darn satisfying to look at
    Juergen, I love the feel this week
    Tony, ;) great
    Weary, love your spirit
    Kyle, keep going baby
    Connie..love that color arrangement ! Great
    Dave h, nice theory. nice feel
    Jodi Frye Guest

  17. #17

    Thanks Jodi :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  18. #18

    JODI,
    As busy as you are and you can still take time to make comments. Thanks, it does help me struggle onward.
    Marty
    Marty Landolt Guest

  19. #19

    Thaks Jodi! :->