Professional Web Applications Themes

Challenge # 29 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Woops it is not the 28th but the 29th that is upon us. The images for the 29th Challenge are now up.The Weary Land Crab's image has been submitted and it is a wonderful loud mage and it should be attended to very well. [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html[/url] Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then the Present will be Past and new images will be posted. * Important notice to all the new people in this forum. This is not a close shop you are all invited to submit an image. If you don't think you are ...

  1. #1

    Default Challenge # 29

    Woops it is not the 28th but the 29th that is upon us.

    The images for the 29th Challenge are now up.The Weary Land Crab's image has
    been submitted and it is a wonderful loud mage and it should be attended to
    very well.

    [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html[/url]

    Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then
    the Present will be Past and new images will be posted.

    * Important notice to all the new people in this forum. This is not a
    close shop you are all invited to submit an image. If you don't think you
    are good enough this is your first mistake, I think most have found that
    working on the Challenge has improved their personal level. So young and
    old, hot shots and cool dudes now is you time to post.
    --
    Grant

    Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url]

    Challenge Pages: [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/[/url]

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Challenge # 29

    Well, I had to go in a back way but I saw this weeks Challenge. And it will be a challenge!!

    I can't wait to see what everyone does with this photo. :-D
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  3. #3

    He's playing a bar-chord... not gesturing.

    Byron

    Byron Gale Guest

  4. #4

    Byron, yes of course ;) although it's the first thing i saw...no wait, that LOUD flag was really the first thing but then the finger took over.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  5. #5

    Grant,thanks for chooseing one of my images for this weeks challenge,I think that this one will be a real toughie, I'll be keen to see what the rest of the group here can do with it.
    The guitarist in this photo is a friend of mine (Tom Hoad) who leads a group called Godber. It was the bands first live gig and it gave me the chance to use my first digital camera, a canon G2 since changed for a nikon 5700 and finally changed to minolta 7hi.
    The flag in the background belongs to another band playing that night called Loudmouth

    looking foreward to next week
    Weary
    weary landcrab Guest

  6. #6

    Weary, wow, I wish i had of waited to send Grant my first challenge images. I gave the group another name...hope Tommy doesn't mind too much.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  7. #7

    And I thought I was the only person in the world that had a C440!

    Grant

    Grant Dixon Guest

  8. #8

    James Sheehan,

    Glad you joined the group! It'll be nice to have you.
    Nancy S Guest

  9. #9

    Jodi - the guitarist in question has joined a little known Adelaide band called Orange Whip....it's my husband singing and playing guitar in the forground..he wanted me to add a speech bubble saying "where did that geezer come from?" but I declined.

    The only hard thing about the actual montage was getting the lighting to match - my shot was rather grainy 400ISO film, underexposed and under bright yellow stage lights...impossible to colour correct, so I had to use lighting effects and HSB adjustment layer to turn weary's guitarist yellow!
    Susan S.
    Susan S. Guest

  10. #10

    Jodi,
    Thank you for the compliment. Goes to show what 5 months of PE and this forum can do to a person.

    I like to make this type of pictures. As a matter of fact the light on that chair, the reflection of the light in the chrome and the shadows in front took all my attention. So much that the topic of this week had to play second fiddle.

    Leen, The clock was bought at the "hema", a sort of woolworths.

    Grant, fell in love with NAD decades ago. Had a gettoblaster with me on my travels all the time and that one all of a sudden just wasn't good enough any more. I just had to get that stereo equipment. I have it now 4 years and at times the sound quality still impresses me.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  11. #11

    Susan,

    In my younger, single days, I was fortunate enough to visit Australia for
    two weeks.

    I still recall staring at a menu and wondering if I should order "bugs" (I
    did, and loved them).... and asking a waitress what in the world "capsi"
    is (turns out it's what we call "bell pepper").

    Seeing your entry for #29, though, I feel that I missed out by never having
    had the opportunity to try "yearling rump steak" or "scotch fillet steak".

    ....guess I'll have to go back and complete the experience!

    Byron

    Byron Gale Guest