Professional Web Applications Themes

Challenge #32 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

The images for the 32nd Challenge are now up.Steven Reno's image has been submitted Jodi was talking of her days in Penthouse and the idea of a Penthouse model did titillate me but alas I have nothing suitable. So I searched high and low and found Steven's wonderful image. While the image is a tad bit rawer than a Penthouse lay out I am sure you people can have fun with it. [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html[/url] Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then the Present will be Past and new images will be posted. * Important notice ...

  1. #1

    Default Challenge #32

    The images for the 32nd Challenge are now up.Steven Reno's image has
    been submitted Jodi was talking of her days in Penthouse and the idea of a
    Penthouse model did titillate me but alas I have nothing suitable. So I
    searched high and low and found Steven's wonderful image. While the image
    is a tad bit rawer than a Penthouse lay out I am sure you people can have
    fun with it.

    [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html[/url]

    Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then
    the Present will be Past and new images will be posted.

    * Important notice to all the new people in this forum. This is not a
    close shop you are all invited to submit an image. If you don't think you
    are good enough this is your first mistake, I think most have found that
    working on the Challenge has improved their personal level. So young and
    old, hot shots and cool dudes now is you time to post.
    --
    Grant

    Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url]

    Challenge Pages: [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/[/url]

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Challenge #32

    Talk about your "bait and switch." After reading Grant's intro I was practically tripping over myself to get over to the site to see the "tad bit rawer than a Penthouse lay out". Now I'm sratching my head trying to figure out how I can layer Jodi's artist portait onto this one.

    CR
    Chris Rankin Guest

  3. #3

    Me and my big fat mouth !

    JodiFrye Guest

  4. #4

    Jodi

    Oh Jodi....what have you said now? :)
    > Me and my big fat mouth !

    I am back by the way. Back to sea level and happy to have seen the 14,000
    feet sites and those two little 3 foot people but exstatic with temperatures
    back in the 90's:-)

    (and Chuck said flash! ... not flasher; ha ha good entry,.... glad you
    thought of me)

    PeteD

    Pete D Guest

  5. #5

    HI Pete !!! How's ya doin' ? We missed ya...well, i did. Yup, did a challenge just for you. Glad you liked it. I like the 'flasher' better than 'flash' btw :)
    JodiFrye Guest

  6. #6

    Any background info on the pic? Where is it--western US? Australia? Mars?
    L Miranda Guest

  8. #8

    Juergen, we did it again...that tractor...worked in there well didn't it ? Thanks again Chuck ;) Oh, my penthouse looks great :)

    Chris, love the doggy! Although, my face, it needs more work ;)
    JodiFrye Guest

  9. #9

    Jodi,
    As for your face, well, I'm still a novice so be patient, someday I'll get to the level where I can improve on it. :) :) The dog is our Chocolate Lab and is from a photo that my 5 year old took.Now he's in the Challenge twice, so to speak.

    I'm out of circulation until next week, everybody have fun with this one. The next time I get to look at this week's challenge it will be the Past Challenge and I'll be behind on the Present Challenge. Bob W and Jodi will probably have 8 or 9 already posted.

    CR
    Chris Rankin Guest

  10. #10

    Jodi,

    Is that an image of a book or did you make that with PE?

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  11. #11

    L MIRANDA,
    As yet, I don't see an answer to "where is it?". Right off the bat I thought it looked just like an old beat up shack where my daughter kept her horse a few months.
    Marty
    Marty Landolt Guest

  12. #12

    Robert, the image of the book was created entirely from scratch in Elements. Yes it would have been easier to just take a pic of a book and put the image on it but then that would have not been a challenge ...for me ;)

    Marilyn, love your foxes ! ...That car fits right in, as if it were already there, looks great

    Robert Jones, Grant and Sam look splendid !
    JodiFrye Guest

  13. #13

    Jodi,

    The tractor seemed to be a perfect fit! I'm glad you thought along the same
    lines. :)

    Juergen

    Juergen D Guest

  14. #14

    For the record; I was never in Penthouse magazine nor have I ever persued being in Penthouse magazine. This idea was put into Grant's head because of a silly post i had made to another forum member. I should have known dear Grant would stretch that post a little further. ;)
    JodiFrye Guest

  15. #15

    I've never been in Penthouse(!) but I did have some pictures published in Motor Trend. It was--oh my gosh--25 years ago. As a teenager I was totally into cars (just design, not fixing them; my father taught me how to change the oil once...). Vacationing in Florida, I saw some cool looking cars I'd never seen before (it turns out they were the 1979 For Mustang / Mercury Capri twins), so I borrowed Dad's camera and took some pictures. Motor Trend printed the pictures and paid me money. Woo hoo! Very exciting.

    Once a geek, always a geek. :-)
    L Miranda Guest

  16. #16

    Once a geek always a geek

    ....don't be silly, that sounds prrrrt exciting to me...geeze, does that make me a geek ? NOT ;)
    JodiFrye Guest

  17. #17

    Jodi,

    I don't know whether Grant and Sam are happy customers or proud owners of
    that splended "Bed and Breakfast." I'm glad our gracious host has a well
    developed sense of humor.

    I really like the way you did the water in your number 3.

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  18. #18

    Robert, the water is enhanced by a free plug-in called 'Paint Engine'

    <http://www.fantasticmachines.com/html/paint_engine.htm>

    It's very cool..the water was done with the 'artic' effect. The trick to getting the effect to work properly is to give the plug-in some good contrast to work with. I had first used the liquify filter to give the water some heavy rolling edges with plenty of light contrast. There are lots of effects included with the filter and lots of options to go with them although i admit...there is only a couple that I use but the 'artic' alone is worth the download ;)
    JodiFrye Guest

  19. #19

    Ah, Chris, if it were only 8 or 9 -- reminds me of last night's 'meeting':
    "Hi, my name is Bob and I'm an Elementoholic. It's been two hours since my last session. Like a lot of people, I started out using Elements when a friend offered to let my try it, 'just once'. Soon I was retouching old family pictures, then making current pictures look 'just a little bit better'. I didn't hit the hard stuff until I fell in with bad company -- a net-gang called the Challengers. First it was one submission, then two, then up to eight. I knew I was hooked when I came to after an Elements session and realized hours had passed without my being aware of the time. Every week I say it will be just one this time, but I always break down. I need help."
    Bob E. Warren Guest

  20. #20

    <<in unison>>
    "Hi, Bob."