Professional Web Applications Themes

Challenge #34 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

The images for the 34th Challenge are now up.It is not often that I pick an image from the same person back to back but this is one of those times. Steven Reno's new image has been submitted and I am sure you can all guess which one it is! Good luck and happy editing http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then the Present will be Past and new images will be posted. * Important notice to all the new people in this forum. This is not a close shop you are all ...

  1. #1

    Default Challenge #34

    The images for the 34th Challenge are now up.It is not often that I pick an
    image from the same person back to back but this is one of those times.
    Steven Reno's new image has been submitted and I am sure you can all guess
    which one it is! Good luck and happy editing

    http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html

    Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then
    the Present will be Past and new images will be posted.

    * Important notice to all the new people in this forum. This is not a
    close shop you are all invited to submit an image. If you don't think you
    are good enough this is your first mistake, I think most have found that
    working on the Challenge has improved their personal level. So young and
    old, hot shots and cool dudes now is you time to post.
    --
    Grant

    Home Pages http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm

    Challenge Pages: http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Challenge #34

    Woops

    This job is over soon and I will have some rest sorry for the mistake it is
    Raymond Robillard 's image not Steven's this time.

    The images for the 34th Challenge are now up.It is not often that I pick an
    image from the same person back to back but this is one of those times.
    Raymond Robillard 's new image has been submitted and I am sure you can all

  3. #3

    Leen, time for you to show me what you were suggesting ;-)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  4. #4

    What an amazing and stimulating idea, the Challenge! Congratulations on a site that kept me glued for two hours and probably denying me sleep tonight. Kudos to Jodi Frye for a fine sense of beauty and to Robert Jones for an amusing sense of humor. The world needs you both. Burr Rutland, happy explorer of the Web
    R. Guest

  5. #5

    RAY,
    Now that IS a photograph! I know you've said before but tell me again...What kind of camera do you have and were you using a tripod?
    I'm already bursting with ideas. Certainly this, as many others, will need no quality improvement. There ought to be tons of background ideas.
    Marty
    Marty Guest

  6. #6

    Marty,

    I have a Canon EOS 10D. Here is a partial EXIF information for this picture :

    Date/Time 21-Sep-2003 08:11:57
    Make Canon
    Model EOS 10D
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 105 mm
    Exposure Time 1/160 sec
    Aperture f/5
    ISO Equivalent 800

    The other pictures are at : http://www.pbase.com/carbone/squirel

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    R. Burr, thank you for the wonderful compliment !

    Ray, this image is so perfect that I'm afraid to touch it. The squirrel is so superb and I love the background and surroundings! It would be degraded if I added to it.
    JodiFrye Guest

  8. #8

    The Challenge is running.

    Grant

    Grant Guest

  9. #9

    I'm sure you'll find something funny to do with him.. like create a ton of them playing together :-)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  10. #10

    I would like some tips from those of you who can select the squirrel with so much fine detail on his fur. How did you do it?

    Thanks

    Carl
    carl Guest

  11. #11

    This squirrel is so darn cute! How come I can't squirrels to sit still and pose for a photo? I must be using the wrong roasted peanuts...lol.

    Great job and very inspiring!
    Darby Guest

  12. #12

    Ray, I have to say I agree with Jodi--this image is perfect just as it is. I'll still be interested to see what everyone comes up with, though.
    Barbara Guest

  13. #13

    I would have really liked to see Leen's suggestion. Unfortunalely, I don't have the time myself.
    My Bryce lessons are keeping me busy... very busy!

    http://www.pbase.com/carbone/bryce_lesson_3

    Ray
    P.S. Thanks Barbara :) Btw, I was talking of you with a friend yesterday. He's a Mac type (he has
    an iMac).

    Ray Guest

  14. #14

    Ray, those are pretty sharp ! Quite a program ! I better stay away from it ;)
    JodiFrye Guest

  15. #15

    Well, I have 8 more days on my trial use of Photoshop Elements 2.0. I'd really like this program but don't have the hundred bucks to buy it. Anyone know of a place that sells it for a more reasonable cost?
    - Robin
    Robin Guest

  16. #16

    www.amazon.com, or your nearest software dealer may have a similar offer. Comes with a 30$ rebate
    most of the time. And if you buy the boxed version, you'll get the fine manual.

    Should decide to buy it, be carefull to uninstall your trial version before installing the bought
    one. Should save you a few hairs :-)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  17. #17

    Carl Sutherland wrote: "I would like some tips from those of you who can select the squirrel with so much fine detail on his fur. How did you do it?"

    I would love to learn, too, how you kept the fluffy fur. After deleting the original background and trying a variety of options, I finally ended up painstakenly drawing each individual hair back with the Smudge tool and the mouse. I'm glad the Challenge picture wasn't a Wooly Mammoth!

    Marilyn
    Marilyn Guest

  18. #18

    Ray - What an absolutely grand picture of a very flighty little creature. My Dad one day, with a sack of walnuts, sat down underneath a big old persimmon tree that leaned against the house, and started cracking them. Getting tired, he decided to take a short nap. It wasn't long before we heard a thumping back and forth on the roof. Thumpity, thump, thump, thump . . . . . thumpity, thump, thump, thump . . . . . thumpity, thump, thump, thump. When my Dad woke up and returned to his chore, he found that a squirrel had stolen every single one of his walnuts! We all had a great laugh. Squirrels are little imps -- but you've got to love them. Thanks for submitting the picture.

    Marilyn
    Marilyn Guest

  19. #19

    Darby,

    That's a maple leaf, right?

    Byron

    Byron Guest

  20. #20

    Ray, you are a little unfair.... ;-)
    You reversed the challenge.
    I supposed it wasnot a problem for you to select this squirrel, now you are challenging me!
    Whever I can find some time I will give it a try, although I'm an extremely lousy selector.

    Leen
    Leen Guest

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast