Professional Web Applications Themes

Challente #23 - Adobe Photoshop Elements

The images for the 23rd challenge are now up. Robert Schraven was the first to send me an image when I asked for some help with imagers after my crash. It is a bit of a diversion from our usual challenge and I think it is extremely refreshing. [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html[/url] Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then the Present will be Past and new images will be posted. * Important notice to all the new people in this forum. This is not a close shop you are all invited to submit an image. If you ...

  1. #1

    Default Challente #23

    The images for the 23rd challenge are now up. Robert Schraven was the first
    to send me an image when I asked for some help with imagers after my crash.
    It is a bit of a diversion from our usual challenge and I think it is
    extremely refreshing.

    [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Challenges.html[/url]

    Present and Past Challenges will remain Until tomorrow at 7:00 pm the then
    the Present will be Past and new images will be posted.

    * Important notice to all the new people in this forum. This is not a
    close shop you are all invited to submit an image. If you don't think you
    are good enough this is your first mistake, I think most have found that
    working on the Challenge has improved their personal level. So young and
    old, hot shots and cool dudes now is you time to post.
    --
    Grant

    Home Pages [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~grant.dixon/index.htm[/url]

    Challenge Pages: [url]http://home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/[/url]

    Creativity is so delicate a flower that praise tends to make it bloom, while
    discouragement often nips it in the bud. Any of us will put out more and
    better ideas if our efforts are appreciated.

    Alexander Osborn (1888 - 1966)

    Grant Dixon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Challente #23

    Wow - what a strange looking item! I've only seen Challenge 21 and 22 so it's going to be interesting to see what y'all come up with.
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  3. #3

    Yes i may have to sleep on this one. ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  4. #4

    Robert,

    Way ahead of you...

    See mine tomorrow. <G>

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  5. #5

    Robert,

    I think this picture is going to generate a lot of ideas once it gets
    going...:)

    Do you have one of these toys?

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  6. #6

    Pete,

    Have you ever SEEN one of these toys? I myself have not had the pleasure.

    Nanny
    Nancy S Guest

  7. #7

    Pete,

    In the mid 90's I had to go to Prague for work and walked into a shop where wood carvings made by Czech people were sold.
    Apart from the cyclist there was a witch on a broomstick and a parrot that could roll across the room on a string. I thought that the carvings were different than the ones you normally see, so I bought the cyclist.

    Robert
    Schraven Robert Guest

  8. #8

    Hi Pete,

    I don't currently own any of these toys but over the years I have had quite
    a few -- lost some, gave some away to friends. I wish now that I had kept
    some of the older ones.

    These come in an amazing variety of forms including various animals, trains,
    other vehicles, etc. The people who made them were very clever. You don't
    see them very often anymore though. Too old fashioned and quaint I guess.
    It's a shame.

    Bob

    RobertHJones Guest

  9. #9

    When I was about 9 years old we had a neighbor that was a retired cabinet maker. He made these toys to sell and gave the kids in the neighborhood quite a few also. He gave me a helicopter. The rotor spun as it was pulled accross the floor. Wish I still had it. Sometimes I wish I were still 9 years old.

    Terry
    Terry Boyles Guest

  10. #10

    At times I also wish I were 9 years old. The problem is I'd have to go thru my teen years again and they were waaaaaaay too difficult. Once was enough.
    JoAnn Amerson Guest

  11. #11

    AMEN!!!

    RobertHJones Guest

  12. #12

    Nancy,

    You seem to have some pretty good ideas on your own but I am going to offer
    a suggestion for this challange image if you don't mind.

    Break it down in pieces ..... With a BFH. (Just kidding about the hammer
    and sorry about the bar room slang). But seriously, use layers for all the
    pieces, one for his head, one for legs etc. Now you can start and piece it
    together just like playing with childrens building toys like "bill dings" or
    similar building blocks. Build him standing up; Put his head on sideways;

    OK that's enough. I don't want you to have the exact same entry as me:-)
    But will not mind if you do though. The possibliities are endless once you
    seperate him from the fixed positionin that 'car'.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  13. #13

    Robert,

    "so I bought the cyclist".

    Wow. That is great that you have it. You don't happen to have two do you?
    :-) :-)

    I think that is in the same class of toy as a metal firetruck I have that
    sits on a plant shelf in my living room. On a coffee table there is an
    antique toy book that featues that firetruck on its cover and pages inside.
    But the really great thing is that it was actually used as a toy by family
    members going back well over 50 years.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  14. #14

    Terry,

    That is the great thing about the challenge images; Through those images we
    can be nine again :-)

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  15. #15

    PETE,
    Great, now you tell me. I wish I had more time this week to take the little ding-a-ling apart.
    JO ANN,
    Hello, and I hope you sent in your picture. I agree on the 9 yr old thing...don't want any part of those heavy steel arch braces and clod hoppers.
    NANCY,
    All your struggling pays off (and it doesn't look at all like it was a strggle)
    Marty Landolt Guest

  16. #16

    Marty,

    If you would really like to try taking it apart just make a bunch (6 or 8)
    duplicate layers and erase. Erase all but the head, erase all but the
    leg.....

    Goes quick and easy. And that reminds me of... Ahhh, that's a story for
    another time:)

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  17. #17

    IRENE,
    I hope I haven't missed your previous entries but this one is very nice.
    I had a dance teacher named Irene and though it's a pretty name it seems to be forgotten. (Unless it's sung..."Goodnight Ireme, goodnight..."
    JOANNE A,
    Somehow you certainly brought out the facial expression, wrenkles and all.
    Marty
    Marty Landolt Guest

  18. #18

    Pete, what is it about that toy that makes one want to take it apart?? I
    started doing that(selecting pieces and putting them on their own layers)
    about three hours ago, before I ever saw your post. Gave up, though, when I
    realized I really didn't have the hand-eye coordination to do that sort of
    thing... but looking forward to seeing it done by someone!

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  19. #19

    Pete, just like to fiddle with things ? R U sure 'bout that or dreamin 'bout that ? I like your entry ! Never thought to stand him up...great Job !

    Marty ! That is soooo cute. Love the dabbled paint and the colors !

    Splodge and weary always on the last pages though always at the top of the Challenge piramid...imo

    This may turn out to be quite an interesting challenge. I fiddled with different ideas and still 'fiddling' with others. Can't wait to see the rest...everyone just put there guard down for this one...good !
    Jodi Frye Guest

  20. #20

    Well, just sent off my second entry into "The Challenge". Many thanks
    to Grant Dixon for enabling The Challenge. Wow, there's some talent
    that show's up there, what a bunch!

    I do have one question, not directly related to the Challenge, or to
    PSE, but rather to the folks that hang around this news group. Is it
    preferable to post via Adobe's Forum site, or directly to the newsgroup?
    I've seen conversations involving one, the other, or both!

    Many thanks to all who post here (either way). I've been lurking for a
    couple of weeks and have already picked up a bunch of tips and suggestions.

    Kyle
    Ottawa

    Kyle Guest

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast