Modify-->Templates-->Apply Template-->Pick desired New Template If the names/number of Editable regions don't match, a "Inconsistent Region Name" dialog box will open, for you to assign content to where you want it. Caution: assigning content to "none" will delete that content. May wish to back up the file or the entire site folder first. To do this in a batch way- you can use find and replace. Be best to get the editable regions to match names. Then do a find in source of selected files for oldtemplate.dwt and replace with newtemplate.dwt That changes the file reference in the html comment on the second line of the files. then use Modify-->Templates-->Update Pages backup files first. and- if it's a contribute site, you should check out all the affected files first, then check them back in when done. and- to say it a third time: back up the site folder just in case, so you have a known point to revert to in case something goes wrong... [quote] > I do have dreamweaver. The process you mentioned is exactly what I do now. > Just wondering if there was another better way. Thanks for the response! > > -C[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Alan [ip] => dont_mail_me_pe [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 4 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Change a Page's template? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Change a Page's template? - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

I have a site that has two templates: a single column template and a two column template. I would like to know if it is possible to take an existing single column page and convert it to the two column style page. Is it possible to change a page's template? Is there an automated way to do this? If not, do any of you have an efficient process for doing this? Thanks! Christian...

  1. #1

    Default Change a Page's template?

    I have a site that has two templates: a single column template and a two column
    template. I would like to know if it is possible to take an existing single
    column page and convert it to the two column style page. Is it possible to
    change a page's template? Is there an automated way to do this? If not, do any
    of you have an efficient process for doing this?

    Thanks!

    Christian

    iq9 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Change a Page's template?

    will you be using Dreamweaver, or trying to do this in Contribute??

    There's ways to do it with Dreamweaver.

    With Contribute, as far as i know, you'd have to open a new page based on
    the other template, and copy/paste the content over. Would probably have to
    do a Save with a new unique filename. Then delete old file, and rename new
    file to exact_oldfilename.html .

    Alan Guest

  3. #3

  4. #4

    With Dreamweaver,
    First- do the two templates have the same number of Editable Regions, and do
    those regions have the same names?

    Open the page.
    Dw menu-->Modify-->Templates-->Apply Template-->Pick desired New Template

    If the names/number of Editable regions don't match, a "Inconsistent Region
    Name" dialog box will open, for you to assign content to where you want it.
    Caution: assigning content to "none" will delete that content.
    May wish to back up the file or the entire site folder first.

    To do this in a batch way- you can use find and replace.
    Be best to get the editable regions to match names.
    Then do a find in source of selected files for oldtemplate.dwt and replace
    with newtemplate.dwt
    That changes the file reference in the html comment on the second line of
    the files.
    then use Modify-->Templates-->Update Pages
    backup files first.

    and- if it's a contribute site, you should check out all the affected files
    first, then check them back in when done.

    and- to say it a third time: back up the site folder just in case, so you
    have a known point to revert to in case something goes wrong...

    > I do have dreamweaver. The process you mentioned is exactly what I do now.
    > Just wondering if there was another better way. Thanks for the response!
    >
    > -C
    Alan Guest

  5. #5

    Alan that is awesome! I thought there had to be something like that, but I
    wasnt sure where to find it. This will definitely cut my time down maintaining
    these sites. Thank you very much!

    -Christian

    iq9 Guest