Professional Web Applications Themes

Change PE to my default instead of business edition - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I have photo shop business edition that my daughter still uses and I recently installed PE elements 2.0. Right now business edition seems to be the default that opens misc photos. I don't want to uninstall business edition, is their any way to make PS Elements the default that for example would open instead of business edition if I am in flash and need to edit a photo. Thank you...

  1. #1

    Default Change PE to my default instead of business edition

    Michael_Simonov@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    What operating system are you using?
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I'm using windows 98se.
    Michael_Simonov@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Try this out of Elements: Edit>File Association, and select the image formats you want PSE to open by default.

    Or, I think you can right click on the icon of an image and go to Open With. PSE should appear in the list, or, if not, look toward the bottom for something that says "more options."

    I use a Mac, so I don't guarentee either of these, but they're close.

    If you choose the right click method, I think you have to do that for each of the file formats. In other words, if you choose a PSD image and change the file association, all of the PSDs will open automatically with PSE, but the JPEGs will continue to open in other software unless you do the same thing with them.

    I hope. :) I speak just enough Windows to be dangerous sometimes.
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    Beth,
    I didn't know you spoke windows. even though I have 2 pc's in the house (win 98SE for my wife & win xp for my daughter) I get nervous just walking past them let alone actually using them.
    George Guest

  6. #6

    Yes, George, I actually speak a lot more Windows than I'd care to - both Win 98 and XP Pro. It's sad, huh? :) I'm chief tech support around here for all four of the computers and the network and the software. I keep the service and repairs up to date on the cars, too. What does that say?!
    Beth_Haney@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Beth, put down your tools and back away from them before you ruin it for all of us :)

    Just kidding,
    Margaret
    margaret_brock@adobeforums.com Guest