Professional Web Applications Themes

changeing the color of a table cell on MouseOver? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I am having a problem making a table cell change color on MouseOver. Also having a text link align center. The page is at [url]http://nissangg.com/IzmoNavQQ.htm[/url] Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Richard Referring URLs [url]http://nissangg.com/IzmoNavQQ.htm[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default changeing the color of a table cell on MouseOver?

    phototaker webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Get rid of all the html styling...table bg/border, center-aligned text,
    td/table height/widths. Then set what you want in the style sheet.

    To make the whole cell clickable in IE you need to have display:block in the a
    and a width. Also, unless these are the only links you're planning to have on
    the entire page, they need to have an id or custom class. To see an example of
    how to make a horizontal menu w/ a table and css, please see this link:

    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net/stuff/links.html#horizontal[/url]

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "phototaker" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I am having a problem making a table cell change color on MouseOver. Also
    having a text link align center. The page is at
    [url]http://nissangg.com/IzmoNavQQ.htm[/url] Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in
    advance. Richard

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://nissangg.com/IzmoNavQQ.htm[/url]

    DiMa Guest

  3. #3

    Hm. That's a difficult one. It CAN be done, but it's some fairly advanced
    template work. Do you have Dreamweaver MX Templates by Brad & Murray? Visit
    their site and I believe there is a tutorial for doing this. Otherwise, you can
    buy the book. It's fantastic.

    It would involve a class swapping javascript and a conditional statement. If I
    have time I'll make up a tutorial for you, but it's pretty involved. We'll see
    how tired I am tonight :)

    In the mean time you can download the object class changer extension from pvii
    and play with that.

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    For Answers, check here first:
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html
    http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase
    http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com

    http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    http://www.dimadesign.net

    "phototaker" <com> wrote in message
    different posts back and forth on the other forum and by the time I had gone to
    the other links provided in the explination I have to say I was worn out and
    very confused. Its hard for me to learn when I get over loaded. This stuff is
    not easy for me but you made it very simple.
    template and have the cell which relates to which page the visitor is viewing
    be a different color. Is that possible. I hope the question is clear. Thanks
    Agian. Richard

    DiMa Guest

  4. #4

    Before you go to the trouble of writing a tutorial let me do some more looking around and check out the link you gave me. Thanks again. Richard

    phototaker Guest

  5. #5

    great question, i was just about to ask the same thing, great, saved me the trouble

    Mega Guest

  6. #6

    Glad you looked before you leaped into the question! :) Most folks don't bother
    looking up their problems first and most have been answered a million times
    over. Thanks for taking the time out to research before asking :)

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    For Answers, check here first:
    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html