Professional Web Applications Themes

Changing Flash Player Settings - Macromedia Flash Player

I'm at my wits end. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. I've followed the advice in another thread (Windows Vista fix) thinking that may help... I've used IE and Firefox both. I've run everything as administrator. No luck. I can view content, and the flash player seems to be working... I just can't change the settings to allow camera/microphone access. Does anyone know what may be causing this, or how to fix it? Thanks in advance for any advice/help. I'm really desperate....

  1. #1

    Default Changing Flash Player Settings

    I'm at my wits end. I have uninstalled/reinstalled several times. I've
    followed the advice in another thread (Windows Vista fix) thinking that may
    help... I've used IE and Firefox both. I've run everything as administrator.
    No luck.

    I can view content, and the flash player seems to be working... I just can't
    change the settings to allow camera/microphone access.

    Does anyone know what may be causing this, or how to fix it?

    Thanks in advance for any advice/help. I'm really desperate.

    BrandiBabe719 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Changing Flash Player Settings

    Could you be more specific? Are you able to access the settings manager page at all? Are you using an mms.cfg file? Give us some steps so we can get a picture of what you're seeing..
    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  3. #3

    I'm getting a little pop up box that asks me to approve or deny access to my
    webcam/microphone. The default is "deny", and it will not let me change that.
    I can click on the little tabs at the bottom that shows me it is recognizing my
    cam/mic - but it will not allow me to make any changes to the settings.

    I have looked at the troubleshooting guide, and tried to change global
    settings, but nothing works. Someone suggested that it was a "corrupt
    installation", but I've uninstalled/reinstalled at least 5 times, only to get
    the same result.

    BrandiBabe719 Guest

  4. #4

    I'm not convinced it's a 'corrupt install'..

    The screen you're seeing should look like the image on this page:
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/doentation/en/flashplayer/help/help05.html[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/doentation/en/flashplayer/help/images/pop_p[/url]
    rivacy.gif

    You'll notice there is no 'default' button. They're both on... Is that not
    what you're seeing? Are you on a corporate network? Or is this a standalone
    machine? Does your camera/mic work normally otherwise?

    If you wanted to test it on a different page, try this one. Does it do the
    same thing?
    [url]http://www.flashcomguru.com/apps/snapshotter/[/url]

    Bentley Wolfe -ADOBE Guest

  5. #5

    Thank god I have finally found someone with this same problem.

    Just to clarify. This is happening to me in relation to an application (Friend
    Finder Messenger in this case).

    The screen in question is this one:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/doentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html

    You simply cannot select the Allow radio button, the Deny radio button (it is
    selected by default), the Remember checkbox. The tabs down the bottom work, and
    Advanced takes you to the support pages. Close does nothing either. I have
    repeated this problem on two machines. Both with FriendFinder messenger Windows
    XP2.

    Cheers

    AussieBus

    AussieBus Guest

  6. #6

    P.S. This is a stand alone machine and the camera and mic work in other situations - the test you provided works.
    AussieBus Guest

  7. #7

    Anyone having this problem?
    AussieBus Guest

  8. #8

    Hi,

    I too am having exactly this problem. A brand ew Sony laptop with Windows
    Vista. Even when I bringup the Flash options in another window, I can't make
    any changes. I am a power-user, so have tried all the usual things - updatin to
    the latest version, rebooting, etc. Did anyone find a solution for this?

    ctann Guest

  9. #9

    Ok, I know I'm not the only one now. I was starting to believe all these
    "experts" who were telling me I was crazy, or that I must have done something
    wrong, or didn't understand my computer.

    I really hope someone figures out a solution to this. I understand it doesn't
    affect everyone - I am a member or a karaoke website, and some other users with
    Vista are able to record and have found fixes with issue they have on their
    computer, but these don't work on mine. I really don't understand what the
    problem is.

    BrandiBabe719 Guest

  10. #10

    Same problem here as well. Did anyone get it working yet?
    jsandso Guest

  11. #11

    just managed to press "allow" by using the TAB key under IE. That makes me
    thinking if the problem is related somehow to mouse input. It seems that it
    does not get recognized when clicking with the mouse.

    jsandso Guest

  12. #12

    Can you explain how were you able to do that? Tab key does not seem to do anything for me :(
    AussieBus Guest

  13. #13

    It worked for me. I can't believe I was tempted to throw my laptop up against a wall over something so simple.

    Thank you! :-D
    BrandiBabe719 Guest

  14. #14

    Glad it is working for you guys - but there is still an issue with mouse clicks and the tab option is not working for me. Cheers.
    AussieBus Guest

  15. #15

    the TAB option worked yesterday but later that night it didn't, also today I
    have no luck it will just not accept TAB key or mouse.

    I'd really like to find out what causing the problem, there must be something
    we all have in common like a same piece of hardware, same virus scan, same
    graphics card driver......

    Maybe I just list here what I have and hope that someone has the same.

    HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC
    Intel Core Duo CPU T7300 2.00GHz
    2046MB RAM
    32-bit Operating System
    Windows Vista Premium
    Nvidia Graphics Card GeForce 8600 GS
    Norton Anti Virus
    build-in HP webcam

    So far I have figured that it does not depend what browser I use. It does not
    work with IE, Firefox and Netscape Navigator 9.0b3. Also a re-install of the
    Flash Player made no difference.

    Cheers.

    jsandso Guest

  16. #16

    Good idea jsandso

    Dell Precision M90
    Intel Core 2 CPU T7600 2.33GHz
    2.00 GB RAM
    Windows XP SP2
    NVIDIA Quadro FX 2500M
    Windows Live OneCare
    Creative USB Webcam

    Mine is through a friendfinder messenger application. It used to work fine
    until I updated that software it recently - friendfinder have provided no
    answers.

    I also uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of flash.

    Other software of interest I run
    Visual Studio 2005
    .NET framework 2.0
    MS Office 2007
    Yahoo Messenger
    MSN Live Messenger
    Explorer 7
    Firefox 2.0.0.6

    AussieBus Guest

  17. #17

    I actually was sure that Windows Vista has something to do with our problem but
    you are running Windows XP SP2. So thats ruled out.

    Maybe Flash Player has a problem to address our 2.00 GB RAM. The other thing
    we both have is a Nvidia graphics card, not eactly the same card but it meight
    be the same driver.

    I would have to open my laptop to see if I have a single 2GB ram or two 1GB.
    If I have two I could try to take one out to see if that's what causes the
    problem. I may try this tomorrow.

    jsandso Guest

  18. #18

    I was having the very same problem, and it was driving me nuts. But I found
    the fix. It is in the global security settings for Flash Player. Apparently
    the only way to adjust these settings is online. But once you use the online
    app to allow camera/mic settings for a site, it actually works!! When you use
    the link below, you will see something about taking an Adobe survey, but you
    without any further action, you will be taken to the page with the security
    adjustment app and instructions. This is all from the Adobe site, so I have to
    wonder why a mod has not posted this already. :(

    http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/main/00001069.html

    SirFrancisDrake Guest

  19. #19

    I am having a similar problem, and I am on a Mac. When I get to the little
    flash player settings window asking me to 'allow' or 'deny' access, if I click
    'allow' the camera turns on, then 2 seconds later my browser crashes. This has
    happened with both Safari and Firefox. This problem is also on a Friend Finder
    web site, I have the current Flash Payer installed 9.0.47 I believe, I tried
    un-installing it, installing 8.0.35, but no luck. I've re-installed the
    current version and same problem. Flash Player tests as OK on this site, my
    camera works fine in other applications, (iChat, SightSpeed, Skype) I Have a
    Apple 17" Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz 2Gig ram Tiger 10.4.10 I Have used my
    camera on this site in the past successfully, 4-6 weeks ago, the last time. If
    I click 'Deny' all functions are normal, only my camera is off. My Girl
    friends computer, an Intel MacBook Pro, with Flash 8.0.35, it works fine !
    I'm confused, I've reinstalled, reverted, reinstalled again, Any thoughts
    anybody ?

    RandyInBC Guest

  20. #20

    Thank you so much SirFrancisDrake