I've got a similar problem due to doing one failed and one successful System
Recovery on an HP.
In my C:\Doents and Settings I have, among other folders, ...

Owner.YOUR-FULKL10H2Q -- which is complete garbage
Owner_2 -- which is my system directory that I'd like to rename to John
Owner -- which is the real problem, because "Access is denied", yet it used
to contain everything that I'm trying to recover

So I have two questions: 1) how do I get Access Granted to my important
data, and 2) how can I change the name of my system directory??

Thanks.