Professional Web Applications Themes
  1. #1

    Default Changing the Page Orientation??

    Does anyone know how to change the orientation of just one page rather than all the pages in a doent?
    File>Doent Setup seems to change all the pages....
    Please help.
    Nicholas Jackson Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Changing the Page Orientation??

    Sorry, but as far as I am aware what you are attempting to do can't be done. If someone knows a way I'd love to know it too.

    Alan King
    Alan_King@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    I have seen some .pdf's with portrait and landscape pages within them so I know it can be done - whether they were made with InDesign, I dont know.....
    Nicholas Jackson Guest

  4. #4

    Don't know that you can change orientation of one page in InDesign, but in Acrobat you can just select "Rotate Pages" from the Doent menu and choose which pages to rotate and how much.

    Colin W
    CJC_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    There's no way to do it.

    One workaround would be to create the page as a separate InDesign doent, export that to a PDF, place the PDF in the main doent, and rotate it 90 degrees.
    Stu_Bloom@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Thanks - will give it a go.
    Nicholas Jackson Guest

  7. #7

    How about using the Book feature?
    Guy_Smiley@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    [email]Guy_Smiley@adobeforums.com[/email] wrote in message news:<3bb518cf.5@webx.la2eafNXanI>...
    > How about using the Book feature?
    You can use the book feature but I think this might be a half-baked
    solution. It may be a lot of extra work to set up the master pages
    etc.. You can share styles and swatches, but I think if you have
    headers and footers or placeholder images, logo's etc on the master
    page, you will have to design a new landscape left and right master
    page in the landscape ID doent.

    Kevin Gibson Guest

  9. #9

    "Nicholas Jackson" <nickjackson@ieem.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to change the orientation of just one page rather
    than all the pages in a doent?
    > File>Doent Setup seems to change all the pages....
    > Please help.

    Use Corel Draw. As a recent migrant from Corel Draw I am happy I switched,
    but miss many of the features that InDesign (and the rest of the CS) haven't
    caught up with yet. But the one I miss the most is left click for fill,
    right click for stroke. And I miss being able to move and resize things with
    any tool. Adobe still have a little way to go before they crush Corel.

    Androo

    Androo Guest

  10. #10

    It can be done!

    My method in CS5... Create your landscape (lets call this the "primary" one - where you want to put the portrait one) pages separately to your portrait ("secondary", you will move this one).

    Open them both up in InDesign. Now go to your secondary doent and open the "Pages" tab. Right click on the page you want to move, click "Move Pages", you can select more than one page to move if you like next. Change the 'Move To' box to the "Primary" Doent. Now change the 'Destination' to where you would like the pages to be moved to within the Primary doent.

    Done.
    Unregistered Guest

  11. #11

    File > doent set up > portrait.

    just like that.
    Unregistered Guest

  12. #12

    Smile Changing the Page Orientation??

    It's now 2012 and for all future users: There is a way of doing it (in CS5 anyway).
    Using the 'Page Tool' (it's the icon just below the white arrow on your tools bar):
    Select the page you want to change (not just in the pages control panel but in the working area).
    Then you'll see at the top of your screen different options to change orientation and size of that page.
    It's that easy!!
    Crunk Guest

  13. #13

    Layout > Page Setup > Doent > Page Size > | -- > Apply size to current page only > OK
    Unregistered Guest

  14. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunk View Post
    It's now 2012 and for all future users: There is a way of doing it (in CS5 anyway).
    Using the 'Page Tool' (it's the icon just below the white arrow on your tools bar):
    Select the page you want to change (not just in the pages control panel but in the working area).
    Then you'll see at the top of your screen different options to change orientation and size of that page.
    It's that easy!!

    OMG u made me scream and sat up from my chair.. Thanks so much!
    joellec Guest

  15. #15

    3/6/12

    In Acrobat Pro (full version) you can do this. Click the Rotate page icon at the top (yellow arrow with white page) and select the pages you want to change, rather than "All" under Page Range. You can then also change 90 or 180 degrees, even or odd pages, or both, etc.

    Good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Jackson View Post

  16. #16

    Hey, I literally just figured out a way of doing this.
    In Indesign go to the "Page" window on the right hand side. Right click the page you want to change the orientation of and say rotate.
    Hope that helps
    Unregistered Guest

  17. #17

    "Unregistered", whoever you are, it was totally worth reading this entire thread just for your post!
    Unregistered Guest

  18. #18

    Crunk you just made my day. Thanks for the tip. This will come in handy!!
    Unregistered Guest