Professional Web Applications Themes

[charter] comp.databases.mysql - MySQL

CHARTER: comp.databases.mysql This newsgroup comp.databases.mysql is a forum for technical discussion of the MySQL relational database management system. All topics that pertain to using, learning, developing, maintaining or improving MySQL are on-topic in this newsgroup. Posting of advertising and/or promotional material of any kind to comp.databases.mysql is explicitly prohibited. Posting of binaries is not permitted, with the exception of small binary components in otherwise non-binary postings, such as PGP signatures or X-Face headers. Posts must be readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly formatted messages are prohibited. END CHARTER. (followup-to comp.databases.mysql)...

  1. #1

    Default [charter] comp.databases.mysql

    CHARTER: comp.databases.mysql

    This newsgroup comp.databases.mysql is a forum for technical discussion of
    the MySQL relational database management system. All topics that pertain to
    using, learning, developing, maintaining or improving MySQL are on-topic in
    this newsgroup.

    Posting of advertising and/or promotional material of any kind to
    comp.databases.mysql is explicitly prohibited. Posting of binaries is not
    permitted, with the exception of small binary components in otherwise
    non-binary postings, such as PGP signatures or X-Face headers. Posts must be
    readable as plain text. HTML, RTF and similarly formatted messages are
    prohibited.

    END CHARTER.

    (followup-to comp.databases.mysql)
    Woodchuck Bill Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: [charter] comp.databases.mysql

    Woodchuck Bill wrote:
    > This newsgroup comp.databases.mysql is a forum for technical discussion of
    > the MySQL relational database management system. All topics that pertain to
    > using, learning, developing, maintaining or improving MySQL are on-topic in
    > this newsgroup.
    What about tools to administrate/use MySQL. There are some published by
    MySQL AB like Querybrowser and Administrator, and others - especially
    phpMyAdmin - aswell.

    In de.comp.datenbanken.mysql we have a strong opinion against
    phpMyAdmin, because most problems are only phpMyAdmin related. In
    general we ban most questions about phpMyAdmin.

    Greetings
    Kai
    Kai Ruhnau Guest

  3. #3

    "Kai Ruhnau" <k.ruhnautarget-systems-gmbh.de> wrote in message
    > Woodchuck Bill wrote:
    > > This newsgroup comp.databases.mysql is a forum for technical discussion
    of
    > > the MySQL relational database management system. All topics that
    pertain to
    > > using, learning, developing, maintaining or improving MySQL are on-topic
    in
    > > this newsgroup.
    >
    > What about tools to administrate/use MySQL. There are some published by
    > MySQL AB like Querybrowser and Administrator, and others - especially
    > phpMyAdmin - aswell.

    A useful tool I found was MySQL Maestro by SQL Maestro Group. It is not free
    however.

    Ross

    Ross Marchant Guest

  4. #4

    Woodchuck Bill wrote
    >CHARTER: comp.databases.mysql
    Sorry for my ignorance, but since when does this news group exist? I heard
    of it only by accident.

    Mike
    --
    [url]www.soft-gems.net[/url]
    Mike Lischke Guest

  5. #5

    Kai Ruhnau wrote:
    > Woodchuck Bill wrote:
    >
    >> This newsgroup comp.databases.mysql is a forum for technical
    >> discussion of
    >> the MySQL relational database management system. All topics that
    >> pertain to
    >> using, learning, developing, maintaining or improving MySQL are
    >> on-topic in
    >> this newsgroup.
    >

    > What about tools to administrate/use MySQL. There are some published by
    > MySQL AB like Querybrowser and Administrator, and others - especially
    > phpMyAdmin - aswell.
    >
    > In de.comp.datenbanken.mysql we have a strong opinion against
    > phpMyAdmin, because most problems are only phpMyAdmin related. In
    > general we ban most questions about phpMyAdmin.
    >
    > Greetings
    > Kai
    I see no reason to ban questions about any one product. Maybe your
    group doesn't like phpMyAdmin. And another group doesn't like
    Querybrowser. And so on and so on. Pretty soon we have nothing to talk
    about.

    Your group is free to ban whatever it wishes. But I don't think it
    would be appropriate to ban questions on MySQL-related products in this
    group.

    --
    ==================
    Remove the "x" from my email address

  6. #6

    Mike Lischke wrote:
    > Woodchuck Bill wrote
    >

    >>CHARTER: comp.databases.mysql
    >

    > Sorry for my ignorance, but since when does this news group exist? I heard
    > of it only by accident.
    >
    > Mike
    Mike,

    This is a new newsgroup - just chartered last week.

    --